No additional intraday leverages from Aug 2021 in Indian capital markets

LOL it’s like government says theft is illegal and someone asks “But can we take when they are not looking?”

2 Likes

@nithin doesn’t the margin benefit from hedged positions kind of makeup of the lack of additional intraday leverage?
If one takes a hedged position intraday, entering the buy leg first, then the margin requirements are similar to current intraday CO margin requirements.

please update on the outcome of the ‘requesting’ part if and when anything good comes of it

Lesser leverage is not necessarily bad for a trader. Most traders who blow up money do it because of excessive leverage. Will market be smooth or not is tough to say. If volumes are lower, it might get choppy and not smooth.

2 Likes

Yeah, it does. I think traders will end up transitioning into doing stuff like this.

so till feb 21, the current 4x leverage for MIS FnO (option selling) that Zerodha is providing should continue right?

Thanks, the hedged position margin benefit is not available in commodities presently is it?

Most likely, unless everyone is asked to stop this.

1 Like

The benefit isn’t as much as in equity.

Nithin, what kind of effect will this have on naked option selling through MIS? Will it require NRML margin for intraday MIS naked option selling?

yep, already answered bhai just go through the thread

ok, this thread is on fire! Can’t check all the messages anymore :laughing:

Yes you will require NRML margins for MIS as well under new rules. Similar queries have already been answered above.

Not if your broker allows range of 450 and 200 points! what will you sell and what will you hedge then?

check this : OI Restrictions, Strike Price Range only 450 points range? Really Bad - #4 by magicpoison

2 Likes

Combining - buying of an ATM option with the opposite position in futures gets quite good margin benefit and it falls under the specified range of options contracts allowed for trading… wont it? Am I missing something here?

So a trader like me who has 20k in his trading account and earning about 800rs using mis , will I face any problem after aug 2021 @nithin

Margins play big role in intraday both for trader and brokerage firms as well as govt as daytraders have to pay so many taxes…this circular is same typical govt working style…planned and implemented by sarkari babus …

@nithin at present when we do a credit spread or a debit spread, we get the new margin. So here I am assuming post aug 21, there won’t be change in that margin structure?

This circular does not impact the margin benefit you get while trading limited loss options strategies. This affects traders who use excessive leverage to trade intraday equity and F&O(mostly naked futures and option shorts).

2 Likes

Means from now onwards margin requirement for MIS & NRML will be same???