Now see margin requirements on the Kite order window

On our list of things to do.

2 Likes

@siva @nithin the most beneficial feature of all would be to somehow show the margin blocked on open position or in other words , the amount of margin that would be released if i square off my open position similar to what you have done now .

@Matti @nithin the feature is very useful ,i love it , in the position tab please flash MARGIN AVAILABLE then we can get a idea of how much margin available every thing we can see in one place

In our list of things, will take some time though.

Will consider it as feedback and will see what can be done.

1 Like

Is there any way to turn off the margin feature? @siva
also,anyway to turn off the “nudge” feature?

Also current feature is not accurate especially in my case as always when I place orders it shows margin required to be more then my available funds but my order gets placed anyway. Take this as feedback to make the feaitire more usable.

It is accurate as I know, if you find otherwise can you be more specific, you can mail me @tsiva@zerodha.com with exact case, then only we can fix if any issue is there.

emmm no.

Though the margin and nudge feature are good, there should some option to turn off these things.
There may be users who prefer simple windows to place orders.

Feedback: sometimes the margin feature and nudge slows things while placing orders.

Personally fee, everything fine with current kite features and requires no additional features.
Only saving layouts to cloud is reqd.

1 Like

Simple order windows will come soon.

1 Like

@siva @nithin
one request - can we show the margin required for GTT orders as well?

On the GTT tab, if it shows, how much margin is required for all GTT orders put together. It would be helpful for a passive investor like me to keep that much fund in the trading account.

Furthermore, a comprehensive margin required for overall; GTT + Order Window + Coin SIP, etc. and alarms the user if there is a probable deficit.

1 Like

In our list of things, but just wondering how it will help? price can hit anytime or it may not come only. Why would a passive rational investor want to leave cash in account loosing interest?
At least when GTT is triggered one can use it as alert as we send email and then can transfer funds and buy something, couple of rupees change in price won’t make any difference to passive users.

@siva Thanks for the response and good to see in the to-do list.

If I had kept that money in bank account, I would have earned 4-5% interest p.a. For 1 lakh, I would earn 4 -5 thousand something over a year.

What I do is, I engage that 1 lakh in a short term delivery trade to earn short term capital gains equivalent to that 4-5 thousand only, without being greedy. After booking that short term profits, keeping that principal amount in the trading account to fulfil GTT triggers for a year. Saves me from adding funds when needed.

I think, this is important because one is in control of margin requirement or he may miss an upcoming Coin SIP or a GTT order may not be fulfilled due to margin deficit.

In that case why it is needed to have margin on gtt window? one knows what they are buying, can see margin required on normal order window,so they can automatically add that cash at the time of placing order.

Coin sip has to do with date, so one should get date alert and the amount is known upfront. Mandate may be right thing for this.

@siva Correct me if I am wrong, but while setting up GTT, it does not show how much margin is required for that order. I have to manually calculate Qty x Price.

Now, if there are many such active GTT Buy orders, I have to add the Qty x Price for each and keep a mental note of this much amount, I need to keep in my account. So if it can show total Margin Required, it would be a great help.

Thank you for listening. Let’s discuss.

@siva didn’t hear from you on my last comment on this thread requesting total margin required for all active GTT orders.

Also, I re-read your message quoted above. For alerts, there is Sentinel. For placing actual orders, it is GTT. Setting up alerts at +/- tolerance levels gives you an idea of the trend towards LTP approaching your GTT or not. Say if the current price is 400, and I have set up GTT at 300 and Sentinel alerts at 310. If I get a Sentinel alert, I can be attentive and decide whether to wait for GTT to trigger or buy now. Such kind of decisions.

Thus, Sentinel and GTT though cut from the same cloth, serve different purposes.

Now one can see margin on order window itself while placing order, why don’t you see there and place?

Din’t get what you are trying to convey here.

Please tell me when can you see the Margin required. In the image above, I have to do the maths 25x175 = 4375 is the margin required.

Imaging I have multiple GTT orders. I have to add the individual margin required and remember them. Because I am no Shakuntala Devi, I don’t know if Chavanprash would even help me remember so much.

Well, jokes apart, also note that GTT orders are valid till 1 year.

Please take a deep breath and try and understand the issue I am trying to articulate. All I am asking for is to show ‘total margin required’ on GTT tab and individual margin required in Create GTT window.

Maybe @nithin can help you understand what I am trying to say, if I failed to do so.

Sentinel = Only Alerts. Intent is to understand the sentiments.
GTT = Intent is to place an order buy/ sell.

For the cited example, when the LTP reaches 310 and I get a Sentinel alert, even if I have a GTT placed at 300, I may choose to place order at market price and cancel the GTT. Just giving an example of human behaviour to help you understand the difference between Sentinel and GTT.

Because in your comment, you mentioned why not use GTT as alert only. Even if it gets triggered, and due to margin deficit, the order doesn’t go through, I can always add funds and place market price order. But this process is tedious, and also defeats the purpose of Sentinel and GTT.

If you are still unable to understand, let me know, I would DM you my number so we can talk. :slight_smile: