Now set up SIPs on stocks and ETFs on Kite

We don’t get iNAVs from the exchange data feeds and there are not other easy solutions yet but we’re figuring this out.

2 Likes

Yes. Investing in SGB via the SIP would be very interesting. Is it possible to support limit orders too?

please consider this on feedback please add nifty or sensex index for execute SIP. sometimes it needs to execute SIP on 1%, 5% lower level execute SIP. same on stocks also

1 Like

Yes, possible. You can check it out by yourself.

1 Like

You mean for futures and options?

Hi Zerodha Team,
Congrats & Thanks for delivering this superb feature. Was waiting for it form long time.

Few suggestions for further improvement :

1. Currently user can start the sip on a particular date / dates in a month. ALONG with it if you can provide the option to start weekly SIP on particular days it would be useful. This will avoid lot of sips getting triggered on wekends.

2. Could not understand the funda behind limiting 5 dates per sip. Because of this limitation I am forced to created 4 sips now to trigger the same basket on every alternate day. If possible please remove this limitation.

3 Likes

On sip window we have mentioned it, if date is falling on holidays then that would be pushed to next working day.

Our logic is SIPs are used for medium to long term goals and not for people who login everyday to place orders daily or on alternate days for same basket. So at least weekly frequency we thought.

Anyhow as mentioned by you one can create 4 sips to cover all days of the month.

Help me out here:
I have a market order on Niftybees, let’s say 10 shares. I have ₹1000 balance in my account. Now, when the SIP is executed, will it buy the possible amount of shares? Or will my order be entirely rejected since I do not have the total amount?

Your order will be rejected as you don’t have sufficient funds.

I understand that it works to next trading day. With weekly sips for Monday to Friday, such cases of sip being triggered on Saturday and Sunday can be totally negated. Hope it makes sense to your team.

Not sure what you mean here, weekly will have one sip, select 1st sip on 1st, 2nd on 8th and so on, not sure how same sip can fall on same day.

let me try to explain.

My use case is : I want to buy lets say on every monday of a week.

monday in above statement can be replaced with tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday

if monday is a holiday then i am ok for the order to go on next trading day.

The option of quarterly, semi-annually and annually can also be added for more flexibility

Got it, we didn’t see the reason to believe that having same day etc for sip will yield better results as such, tried to keep it simple and give some flexibility to users with less clutter, not possible to cover all cases.

Maybe if someone want semi annual/yearly can login on that day and just buy.

But that is how it works in Coin :smiley:

So your Coin team finds the weekly sip better while your Kite team finds it better to provide it date wise.

Interesting to note that :yum:

Both are different types of investments, kite is different and coin is different, users are different so the platform functionalities.

awesome @nithin…great work by zerodha team…no wonder you’ve become the leader ! pls keep adding such amazing features.

Dear @nithin , when we will have facility to invest in foreign stocks?

No ETA as of now, will take some more time.