Now set up SIPs on stocks and ETFs on Kite

Ok. Thanks. I have been waiting for quite some time.

Hi @siva @nithin - can you tell us if this is in the pipeline? An SIP based on an upper limit for the amount of money to be invested instead of the quantity of stocks to buy is absolutely necessary for any meaning cost-averaging.

Will check on the possibility but would be very tricky if basket consists of multiple scrips, how can we decide how much we can buy of each scrip?

A customer should be able to define an SIP amount per scrip in a basket. I haven’t used baskets, so I don’t know if this is possible or not.

Scrip1: 10000
Scrip2: 5000 etc

If the price for scrip1 is 1200, an order should be placed for math.floor(10000á1200) = 8 quantity.

@nithin I found an uncanny similarity between this basket SIP order on Kite and creating custom smallcase and setting up SIP there. Though the latter one is a paid feature, Kite SIP is free. Just wondering what’s @Anugrah’s take on this :slight_smile:

@siva is the feature to segregate existing stocks in the portfolio into ‘basket view’ also coming up soon?

Similar to that on console.

1 Like

Great

Is there an option to buy based on total price. say I want to buy 1000₹ worth shares and not based on quantity. How do I.

This feature is not very useful till the time you provide the flexibility to invest a fixed amount per scrip rather than the quantity of shares to be purchased. For Example - Rs 5000 to be invested in SETFNIF50 at a defined frequency rather than buying say 30 shares of the same

Not as of now but it is in our list of things to do.

2 Likes

@nithin

Dear Sir,

SIP is awesome Features in Zerodha but you are missing one of the Leading Features are as below.

Zerodha SIP would be work in Qty Based and Angel Broking SIP would be in Amount Based

If you add New Feature Amount based then it would be much Batter.

Like Example if I need to invest in WIPRO Rs. Daily 2000 Market Order According to System will Catch the Qty as per Price.

But how would I know Daily Rs 2000 Qty ? as Zerodha SIP

This is the Only my suggestion and i am dem sure if you add this features almost Every Retail investor Come to Zerodha.

You can show on Screen Shot

1 Like

Yes, in our list of things to do.

Please introduce amount based SIP ASAP

What are the brokerages of using SIPs

There are no additional charges for using SIP feature :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesum feature, thanks for implementing SIP’s

I dont understand the restrictions on limiting only 5 dates per sip. For a daily falling share like yesbank which may have a future potential I’d like to buy say 50 shares daily, rather than 250 shares once a week and seeing it fall throughout the week, and buy another lot next week. As you guys said Coin and Kite are different, why not let ppl set a daily SIP. There are no Depository charges on buy side delivery. And I’d like to utilize tht benifit by buying daily.

Amount based SIPs would be great, currently I am working around that by manually investing in Smallcase every month.

I am expecting this feature from…
May be % allocation for each scrip is a good option or as n00b said an upper limit for each scrip and +/- deviation can be obtained while creating the SIP order from the user.
Eg: as done in small case you can go based on % allocation or number of shares.

Guys, feature delayed is feature denied – keep pushing small updates as and when they are ready - do not delay.
Zerodha platform is really great, keep up the good work!

I want to do an SIP for an ETF but that is based on a fixed investment amount every month. Current setup only allows for fixed number of units to be purchased it seems. If the amount will keep changing every month, then it doesn’t really meet my SIP long-term goal.

Also, how do I even set up a mandate with an amount which could vary widely for every installment?

Am I missing something here @siva @ShubhS9 ? Please assist.

1 Like