NSE introduces F&O contracts on Nifty Financial Services Index (FINNIFTY)

FINNIFTY otm strikes are blocked. Why?
Does it have same feature (for Zerodha, it is not limitation, but feature), as BN and Nifty.

2 Likes

I noticed that the sum total of the weights of all the stocks comes out to 100.01 instead of 100.

Is this a typo from NSE’s side?

Constituent-Details

It happens because of rounding off to 2 decimals. NSE should have adjusted it.

1 Like

Zerodha used 14th weekly settlement price for FINNIFTY as 15511 :slight_smile: actually it should be more than 15611. Did you face any issue in contract note Shubh? I raised a complaint on this just now.

I have faced similar issue and raised it through support mail

Because of some rounding in a constituent.

1 Like

If they had maker and 2 checkers process on settlement days, then there may be some additional control. It is a new derivative and initially there may be some issues. All we need is a quick response and reversal before EOD.

@Bhuvan
Hi where can we find its option chain? like we have nifty and BANKNIFTY option chain in NSE website

Can check this link.

Introduction of weekly futures is bad idea for the newly introduced instrument, spreading volumes across various expiry futures.

Its looks like NSE want to encourage other than banknkfty in financial indices, but they don’t other financial indices to succeed as bank nifty :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

Less volumes and spread being more. It may end up like NIFTY IT with less interest from the retailers.

As per a recent NSE Circular (NSE/FA/48756), there will be no exchanges transaction charges till December 31, 2021 for trading FINNIFTY.

1 Like

They are maybe seriously trying to promote finnifty. Still volumes have been very poor till now.

1 Like

One Step to do the same is introduced, Move expiry from Thursday to Tuesday from 14th Oct. Lets see if that increases volumes or not.

Do we have any ETF tracking this index with high liquidity and low tracking error ?

There is one ETF based on this Index from Mirae Asset, trading symbol this is - MAFSETF.

1 Like

@MohammedFaisal @ShubhS9 can you guys pls share FINNIFTY trading volumes over last 6-8 months?

@siva @MohammedFaisal

@TradeB2B @Jason_Castelino @jashjacob

1 Like

Yup Would be Helpful

Liquidity is still very thin in my opinion when compared to a NIFTY/BNF contract.

@jashjacob long time no see

How are you doing?

Haha. You noticed! :smiley:
I was away for work, just got back in town last week and markets are picking back up :joy:

1 Like