NSE proposes 6 pm to 9 pm trading session

2 Likes

current market hours are enough. SEBI should reject this proposal.

3 Likes

This really sucks and it will make option seller’s lives hell if implemented.
They should only have futures trading in extended hours like USA market does. That’s enough to hedge risk. Or they should introduce different options contracts that run separately in extended hours and not the same as normal hour contracts.
@nithin please bat for only futures trading in extended hour. Or even cash is fine. But option should be excluded.

6 Likes

I agree. Keep it to futures only. @nithin

4 Likes

Another benefit of this could be boost in futures volumes since options and cash won’t be available.

1 Like

Extension of options trading hours will spoil the ecosystem. Opening up a window 6pm to 9pm - to cater to office goers ??

What is NSE - a night school for part time job??

Serious traders will think of shifting to other markets which offer higher reforms stability.

5 Likes

Now people won’t quit their job to take trading as their profession. In job atleast you can wind up your work in the evening (after working for around 9 hours), but traders would be working all through morning till night…

Also, by connecting the dots this move was predicted earlier. Government has planned to have an expiry trading almost on every day so that liquidity is not concentrated only on Thursday, but for other days as well.

1 Like

Futures or Options, 9PM or 11, I am happy. Bas bhaiya ab forex bhi la do, jo 24 * 7 chalta ho aur cross-currencies bhi trade kar sake. Happy with the number of choices, just enable trading of cross-currencies and make it 24 * 7 * 5.

1 Like

not in favor of this. should be avoided.

Next make it 7 days 24 hours. Best. We can compete with crypto too. :love_you_gesture:

i hope it happens, i hate 3pm rush and getting trapped in gap up gap down by overnight global cues.
and i also trade in stock fno, most of the time i end up exiting as market order for lesser profit during rush market hour to not carry over postion next day, with extended time i can slowly exit as limit order after dinner.

2 Likes

Sorry to spoil the party. But the same rush will be there in the last 30mts of closing - be it 3.30pm or 11pm. Highest liquidity is usually at the market open and near the market close.

2 Likes

Poll time. Assuming all segments will be impacted.

• In favour of extended hours
  • Against trading hour extension

0 voters

Thats ok. once the cash market is closed volatility will be stable to enter/exit in limit orders. but the big advantage is not getting trapped in next day open. also half of quarterly result comes after market hour, it will be big opportunity for stock fno traders like me.

1 Like

valid point.

2 Likes

One more latest update - expected to start from fy24

2 Likes

Some one please ask him if the expiries happen during 9 to 3.30 slot or 6 to 9pm slot same day?

If its 6 to 9pm slot - then I guess I could find a day job as a teacher and play expiries later in the evening.

I think in US markets only futures trading is avaliable for extended hours, options trading is not avaiable (not sure). If nse allows options to be traded for extended hours then money makers with false news spreading across telegram and whatsapp channels have lot of oppturnities to spread fake news and cashin those oppturnities.

2 Likes

They want to make sure that 10/10 retail trader should end up in loss

3 Likes

Brokerage hi brokerage hoga :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes