Open a Zerodha account for your kids online and invest together

We have always wanted to help parents save in a simple and easy way for their kid’s future.

You can now open a Zerodha account for your kids online and invest in stocks, mutual funds, and bonds with them.

We’ve explained more about minor account in our latest Z-connect post:

You can check out the detailed walkthrough of online account opening process below :point_down:

10 Likes

Thank You for the future ,
If I am using the gift option , what will be the charges per transfer ?

Here are the charges.

Please check the changes for gifting as mentioned below along with the article briefing.

The standard off-market transfer fee of ₹25, or 0.03% per stock, whichever is higher + 18% GST, is applicable. There are no additional charges for gifting securities.

Hi, Assume i wanted to open Minor account for my Sister/Brother Son using my Kite I’d as legal guardian possible?

Hi @Prabhumr

Yes, it is possible.

A legal guardian letter is required if the guardian is anyone other than the minor’s parent.

1 Like

Given our taxation laws around adding the income to the parent’s income, I’ve always felt like having a separate account for kids (bank, stock trading, etc.) is more paperwork than its worth, especially at tax time.

I feel that giving kids some pocket money and letting them decide how to spend it and keep a ledger in a spreadsheet offered better financial literacy. My son “invests” his savings by giving it to his grandparents to put in an FD since they get better FD rates. Next step will be to “invest” into stocks for better gains, but probably in my account.

It’d be interesting to see how many Kids accounts actually end up being opened, if Zerodha wants to share that information.

1 Like