Opening a bank and DEMAT account without a physical PAN card only ePAN

How do i open a bank account and DEMAT account i only have ePAN with me right now. Would it cause any problems in the future?

I have opened bank accounts by attaching a copy of the self attested pan copy, aadhar copy and passport copy. No banker has asked me to show me the original till now. No banker will even ask ( I am presuming) as each RM has a target to meet. Demat account, I have no clue, but I am sure it is the same.

Pan card is used only to record the pan number for tax purposes and nothing else.

I am sure you can get a physical card.
https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html

can you please explain the last point. I have tried it with kotak bank but they were asking for physical PAN. i have a bank account too which is not linked with PAN can I use it to open a DEMAT account in Zerodha?

PAN aadhar linking with ur bank accounts is mandatory. Can create issues in the future. Better to comply other than looking for shortcuts.

You should link it. Send them an email with a self attested copy of your pan card. They will do it. I am sure.

Kotak not sure why they want the hard copy. In any case apply for one. As per website, you can request this online, but you can go to UTI office in case there is one nearby.

PAN linking with Aadhar is only required for filling taxes. For anyone not filing taxes like senior citizens , it’s not necessary for linking.

For e.g , my mothers PAN and Aadhar is not linked. Bank doesn’t care. A/c is working just fine till date.