Option data importing from google finance (open interest & implied volatility)

Actually I am also developing a site which will be free.

Please share your Sheet with me, I have send you my ID in MSG.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bro - did you manage to build the way the shared sheet was designed . waiting for your reply !

2 Likes

Dear @saurav.singh,

this excel sheet will not work Bcoz Excel and Google sheet conditional
format is different.
make google sheet with data than share.

1 Like

share link like this

with EDITABLE PERMISSION only to me.

1 Like

What the Formulae u have used to build this sheet can you share that if possible als0 how to Pull Open Interest increase or decrease details in that column. any luck on that

1 Like

In this can you help in plotting show the script / share - whose Open Interest change and volume change as mentioned in attached screen

3 Likes

FOR chg in OI % use “=LN(<CUR.OI>/<PRV.OI>)” Format type % for color use conditional format with symbol format number.

see it’s not all one line formula there are many tweaks that’s why I told you to share data contain GOOGLE SHEET not simply JPG type it’s useless.

I will replicate the same as JPG but req large LIVE data.
GIVE 7 DAYS I WILL REPLICATE ENERGY section only in my SHARED SHEET.
I will inform U.

:100:

1 Like

@saurav.singh

DONE just check ENERGY SHEET.

1 Like

That google doc file is being moved to trash so can’t access that else would have shared with you thats why i have keep the screenshot handy with me. The below energy sheet you shared doesn’t have capture Open Interest details. i have made this sheet “https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GUxzEUl3Dd_Co54GSHXapWn1uwkNhqM6yV0dGkXEetI/edit#gid=870143787” but not able to pouulate Open interest help on OPen interest as well let’s c how much we can replicate as per above shared Screen shot as it was awesome.
Thanks for your help buddy . Let’s populate similar way for all sector. also would be great if u can share Formulae which been used here in your energy sheet.

2 Likes

@saurav.singh ,
I already told U that I don’t have STOCK/INDEX FUTURE DATA so NO OI or Chg in OI data that’s why I said you to provide google sheet with LIVE data that’s only it will work.
I don’t know how U will manage LIVE future data.
I have make only for DEMO to you of CASH MKT LIVE data.

the sheet you shared above is not Accessible to me Plz provide Access to my Email ID.

1 Like

hello guys i want to create something like this,
provided a link here ,please its a request check this out.

regards@ LOTUS

4 Likes

I got it in spreadsheet, will it get updated automatically from nse website

i have been using the NSE imported data in google sheets, but facing issues like the Google sheet does not display rates half of the times and does not update rates on google sheets for 20-30 mins.

could u pls suggest any tried n tested solution to that…

regards.

If you are using IMPORTHTML for NSE website it’s not possible bcoz Google keep cache URL & data of the website which makes same data for the time it’s timeout. And we cannot randomize NSE URL with time but in case of any other website like Investing.com we can scrap data and update every1-2 min in google sheet is possible.
If you have data source I can create a demo for you.
One thing if somebody make python for NSE website data than it’s possible to get update on GOOGLE sheet but it’s involve another delay in min.

thanks for replying,

i have tried with moneycontrol and iifl option chain page links, but those do not work. Google finance does not provide F&O data.

may be you can have a look at moneycontrol option chain, following is the link.
https://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/fno/view_option_chain.php?ind_id=9&sel_exp_date=[object%20HTMLCollection]

and see if you can make it work.

thanks in anticipation.

regards.

I have been using excel with nse data, that is a tad bit better than google but far from being consistent for the purpose.

i have to refer to raw data on nse or other websites inbetween when the data import is not taking place properly.

pls see if you can help.

I am not able to fetch option chain data via Importhtml of google sheet. Can anyone help? It is showing and error:

Error Could not fetch url: https://www1.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=-10000&symbol=NIFTY&symbol=NIFTY&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

1 Like

Yes, i am also not able to get the data.I am getting error message ,Not able to fetch url.

Sir,
NSE has been updated website, Unable fetch the option chain data. Any possible way ?

Yes, its still possible on EXCEL not on GOOGLE SHEET.
If still want a way in google sheet than you need some technical knowledge via python.

google it excel nse option chain you will get excel file just download.

IF NOT LET ME KNOW I WILL POST HERE.

1 Like