Option data importing from google finance (open interest & implied volatility)

@Dev_Anand, @Sijojose ,@Deepa_Ch

Here is Excel file just set data referesh time or manual refresh it will refresh via NSE.
100% working.
ENJOY
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Dear sir,
Harty thanks for your kind response.

Excel 2007 is working fine with NSE old website.

I am afraid, NSE may close the very soon old website.(www1.nse)
Is it possible to fetch data from the new NSE website?

I tried by python but got 14 errors on each 10 line script :smiley: (I am not a good scriptwriter)

Hopefully,

1 Like

@Dev_Anand, FROM NEW NSE website the easiest way will be same from excel using VBA to download .csv file/JSON req of option chain and refresh on sheet both AUTO /MANUAL.

2 Likes

Respected Lotus,

I’m new on this portal. I have read many posts and appreciate the support you always give.

I need your help in extracting option chain into google spreadsheet earlier I was doing it through importhtml function but now I’m not able to do.

Please help

Respected Sir,

I’m new on this portal. I have read many posts and appreciate the support you always give.

I need your help in extracting option chain into google spreadsheet earlier I was doing it through importhtml function but now I’m not able to do.

Please help

Dear @Omveer_Singh,

You can use EXCEL but if you want in GOOGLE sheet only it will be long route and as you know google sheet keep cache the table data and you not get live update referesh option chain it’s of no use and if you use python app script than it get delay by anothor 2-3 min.
BEST is EXCEL
IF want for analysis purpose of EOD than use google app script to download bhavcopy to GOOGLE sheet (If want script I will post here only for EOD) . AND for python you need python hosting.

How do I get data for various stocks?
I downloaded the excel file that you shared. But I do not know how to update it.

1 Like

Really appreciate the response. Do you have any excel which get updated automatically? If yes, it would be really nice if you can share

IT’s already above post just download niftyExcel.xlsx and save it and it will update nifty option chain every 1 min automatically.

I had prepared one google sheet where Option Chain Data normally imported by htmlimport function. But now a days when this new nse website got live. I am getting error for import the data. Any suggestion how to import option chain data in google sheet.

1 Like

how to import https://www1.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/equities_stock_watch.htm nifty next 50 stocks
pl tell me the formula

Sir now options chain data is not available on Google sheets with importhtml function, with new NSE website

@Gurjeet_Singh_Gill
JUST get on EXCEL link provided above it’s get (OPTION CHAIN) update via NSE site.

GOOGLE SHEET no longer support without Python.

Is it from New nse website or the old one.

1 Like

from OLD website optchain page.

Hey @lotus @Trader21 I don’t know much about this feature and its benefits so have one doubt, hope you can clear. Why do people need to import option chain data when it is already provided on the NSE website ?

@Stonecold,
As we all know EXCEL is very POWERFULL tool we can analysis OI CHANGE IN OI MAX PAIN PCR GREEKS etc many more free.

1 Like

Thanks bro…

@lotus
I am unable to use this Importhtml formula using the old website. Still is the data available on the same site.

@Qrious_Kamal,

Don’t use google sheet.