Option Margin issue while adjusting a leg of the trade

Hello,

I am not able to get the margin benefits of hedges while I exit one leg of the trade and enter a new leg. (I execute through basket and I do click on Include existing positions under final margin) but still the margin will be very high.

When I check the actual amount required through sensibull, it is much less.

So usually I have to exit all position then enter all the positions again through sensibull for the margin benefits.

Is there any way to do it by exiting only one leg instead of exiting the full trade?

Hi @optionseller

If you exit the position with the highest margin blocked first, then you should be able to take the new trade without any margin-related issues. For eg: If you have a call long and short, you can exit the call short and you can then enter a fresh short position

If you are already doing this, please share with an example so that it will help us understand the problem in detail

Okay, I’ll try to send in live market tomorrow.

Anyway I’ll try explaining with an example if I wasn’t clear

Suppose I’m doing a short straddle with hedges.

Say this was my initial position, now when bank nifty reached 48200, I wanted to exit 47900 PE and enter 48000PE, but after I exit 47900 PE and try to sell 48000 PE the margin asked is 5 lakhs for 5 lots, but whereas the actual margin required for the entire short straddle with hedges in only around 2 lakhs if I do everything together.

Basically I want to change one leg of the trade without exiting my entire position.

Hope I’m clear.

I want to move 22550 to 22500 and keep everything else the same. What is the ideal way to do this? When I exit 22550 and enter fresh sell position at 22500, the margin they ask is double than what they ask if I am entering all the position together.

Hi @optionseller

Can you please DM me your client ID? Will get it checked with team once

UNA761 is my client id