OPTION STRATEGY for beginner

I am a beginner in options. I am just observing the markets and the premiums on option chain. Its been 7 to 8 weeks and I’ve not taken a single trade. Althogh I am trading in cash (swing and intraday) for over a year. What will be the most conservative strategy to start. My priority is capital protection and take small profits.
I personally think that selling deep OTM calls with hedging will be best suited for my style. Can anyone too suggest whether it will be a good method to start?

Any other strategies or knowledge sharing is welcomed!

2 Likes

Would suggest you first learn more about Options and understand how they work, you can read this module on Varsity:

Once you have finished the above module, you can refer to this one to learn some Option strategies:

1 Like

I’ve already done it,

Start with usd options. And you can try all. Trade small.

Straddle, strangle, Iron condor, vertical spreads, naked selling… Anything you like. Usd makes small moves so most of the times, you will be comfortable with your positions.

Increase size as you gain some experience. Consider brokerage before placing trades.

2 Likes

Do Weekly Iron Condors. Defined Risk, Defined Return.

Do that for 1 month, record your trades and share it with others. You’ll learn a lot.

2 Likes

What is usd options?

USDINR Currency Options, you can learn more about them here:

1 Like

Learn Options Trading Strategies [Quantsapp]. Since I was also a beginner in the options but they helped me a lot to understand and use the different Options Strategies.

spreads.