Option Trading Tools in India - Compared

I have been trading options since 2010.

For the first couple of years, I was trading based on Price Action.

After not finding much success with this trading style, I learnt some techniques in Technical Analysis & devised a strategy around Moving Average crossover.

Some years later, I attended a training on Options where I learnt about Derivative Data & Option Greeks.

After attending the training, it struck me that observing derivative data is extremely important, not just while trading options but even trading the underlying asset.

Since then, I have subscribed to almost all Derivative data providers

To help the trading community, I have compiled a list of tools/data points available on each platform.

Below is a list of products I have used in the past.

1. https://imgur.com/nNmSxcK
  2. https://imgur.com/v2J61Bm

For Full time option traders, Quantsapp, with the sheer data that they provide is a mile above the rest. They have Option & Strategy Premium charts along with historical Greeks which is of great help to me.

I found Opstra’s multi strike option OI chart very useful

For beginners I would recommend using Sensibull’s mock trading feature for practice.

My FNO provides a clean all in one screen layout and Is one of the oldest players in the market

Imgur

3 Likes

Thanks Manjunath for Sharing this post. This has helped In getting the Proper Idea on each Application.

Users like me can take Decisions easily based on this post.

@Sensibull i also know most of the futures are not available in sensibull , even i subscribed myfno for analyzing futures data but for only position monitoring i used sensibull i also subscribe sensibull also , even sensibull PRO there is not even true to label features available , sensibull want to bring or copy paste the needed features from others like quantsapp and my fno or opstra

mostly backtesting strategy features are available in Opstra and Quantsapp , its will give clear picture to each strategy

1 Like

Manjunath, thank you for such a detailed analysis!

Your welcome! Thinking of recording a video for this on my YouTube channel. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Yes Please record a Video Also. Will be a Great Help.

Thanks @Manjunath1980 for such great analysis.
Was thinking of shifting from @Sensibull due high cost and very basic features available.
Would also like to add if you have edelweiss mobile app or desktop, most of the features available in @Sensibull Pro are available there for free. Had written to them on same.
Also Myfno is good if you are seasoned player, but will try quantsapp also, they have introduced some good feature. Lets try and see

So guys used both @Sensibull and myfno both for a month now… If someone is serious in options please go for Myfno and for basic like features you could try @Sensibull.
Myfno (Diamond Plan) is way far ahead in terms of stock live scans, various tools strategies etc… Also it’s expensive compared to others but full worth it compared to data you will get and would be recovered in no time.

Used top most plan in both.
will try Quanstapp and will give my views on same

2 Likes

Refer the link who want basic data on FnO.