Options Trading beginners suggestions

Hi,

I want to start options trading from scratch & want to master before real time trading. Pl guide me. What all needs to learn before starting investing?

1 Like

I have been options trading since last 8 months, my motive was always to learn first rather than focusing on profit. That helped me to survive in this segment even though i was making losses. Now since last 1 month only i have started generating profit but ive lost or rather give away a good amount of capital too. Now that i see my journey back i realised options though highly paid also comes with very high risk. So if you come for profit only without learning anything i would advise you to learn first. Also i am mostly in stock options and i will continue with trading in stock options because once you understand the movements of stock then after you can move to Bank Nifty, Nifty etc. Though index options are cheap but i would still say start with stock options because are stock movements are predictable and not that crazy and you will be emotionally stable too as stocks are low volatile than Index. I wish you good luck. Only start with capital that doesnt bother you in case you lose all of it. Bye

1 Like

Yeah? Which stock is less volatile than index ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Is varsity and sensibull videos enough to learn any additional learning materials need to go thru in addition to this?

How u learnt before starting trading any suggestions how I can start learning. Im going thru varsity & sensibull videos. Is that enough? Any addl learning materials to go thru

1 Like

web.papertrade.live… / papertrade app on android playstore…

1 Like

By volatility i did not mean IV or HV but i was pointing out to that crazy up and down movement that more often than not is seen in Index options and these movements happen with a lightening speed too. Stocks movements are much more stable as compared to that.

1 Like

My way of trading is very diffrent. I dont use indicators at all. I trade based on price action, supply & demand zones, identifying key levels, filled & unfilled orders. This all would seem crazy to you but thats my strategy, you would need to give it time to develop your own strategy …its a a tough journey, not easy at all, if you come in this market for easy money making its not that easy keep that in mind. Atleast give a year to learning.

1 Like

I disagree. But it’s fine. We can have different opinions. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I am also learning from varasity. They are nice collection and examples to understand better about the option greeks and lots of strategies.

Wish you a good luck in trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, we can also look at their stock beta alpha, if beta is more than 1 then stock is high volatile & if beta is less than 1 then it will be less volatile.

Also other factors can be consider when stock price rises & falls viz volume, news.

Yes diff study & research can have diff opinions.

You are right, stock movement is easier to predict when compared to Nifty and it follows its trend either bullish or bearish for most part of intraday session, so beginners should first study movement of top index stocks before moving on to Nifty…

2 Likes

HI,

YOU CAN LEARN THE BASICS AND BASIC STRATEGIES (SPREADS ETC…)FROM VARSITY…BUT, FOR IN PRACTICAL OPTION TRDAING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IN DEPTH ANY STRATEGY AND ADJUSTMENTS IF YOUR VIEW GOES WRONG TO GET OUT WITH MINIMUM LOSS…I RECOMEND YOU TO READ “How To Make Money Trading Options: Non-Directional Strategies for Income Generation” BY BALAKRISHNA M SADEKAR…TO UNDERSTAND THE BASIC OPTIONS TRADING STRATEGY AND ADJUSTMENT TECHNIQUE TO EARN A DECENT PROFIT.

2 Likes

Yeah thank bro atleast you understood what i meant.