Options trading for Intraday.

Can anyone who is trading using Options, answer this. (Intraday)
I was expecting price to ramp up when the first pull back occurred to VWAP in NIFTY today.
Spot price was 10460.
I bought “10450 CE” from 12th expiry for 111rs with an SL set at 105rs.
I wanted to know if there was a better way, for me to execute this trade ?
When we expect price to increase, should we buy the CE which is closest to the spot price or is there any other way to execute an intraday trade ?
I was creating option spreads, for taking swing trades every now and then. I want to get into intraday trading now, is there any way I can do intraday using Options ?

@Sensibull You thoughts on this, please.

Hey @Vishnu_Indukuri I would rather sell the put of 10450 here than buy the call for two reasons

1. If you are thinking this thing will go up, you will earn the delta and the Vega if you are playing like a small 30-40 points move. Vega because when IV falls, you make money on vega, which happens on upmove. You could also consider playing with the 10500 PE. The 10500 PE will become the ATM if your upmove happens and the Vega will be highest at the ATM. Which one is better is an easy find using Sensibull builder :wink:

2. If you are playing for a huge move, things become different. Buy call is better. OTM calls are higher ROI but you know the risks there

Hope this answers the question

That is helpful. I want you to know, I am using Sensibull for a while now, creating spreads and couldn’t be more happier. Thanks and appreciate your amazing work. :slight_smile:

Hello, I have taken another trade today and would like to know your thoughts on it. Kindly reply when you are available. @Sensibull
When NIFTY was about to revert from VWAP I executed the following trades:

First trade I took was when prices crossed below 9750 range.
I sold 9750CE and held the position until it reached 95% max profit.
When prices kept moving lower, I booked profits for 9750CE, and opened a fresh position by selling 9600CE, when spot price was at 9580.
Around 9400 when delta showed buyers stepping in, I closed the second position too.

I was setting up SL’s at 10rs higher than LTP of those two CE options I sold, is that the way it should be done to mitigate losses ? I am planning to take around 5% max loss on my margin, in case smart money steps in and a big opposite move happens.

Finally, an ITM option right above or below the price mark should be the safest one to trade with for intraday, correct ?

Thank you.

My two cents on Options : You never trade with naked options, naked options are for gamblers.
A good pair of options can make you rich not just rich very very rich in market conditions like this.

Thank you. @Lets_Invest
Do you mean “spreads” by pair of options ?
I was always into spreads where I knew losses can be mitigated in an orderly fashion.
I stepped into taking intraday trades. I couldn’t find an easy way to create spreads for intraday alone.
Can you share any KB articles or basic info on how options can be traded, for intraday ?
Any info will help. Thanks again!