Options trading in EURINR and USDINR

Dear folks, I am active in USDINR options trading. Exchanges has recently introduced EURINR and cross currency EURUSD options and future contracts . Since cross currency trading is more active outside India it is yet to gain pace on Indian exchanges .

EURUSD is an excellent product on overseas currency trading platform many Indian traders are trading also. Why the product is not gaining momentum on indian exchanges …?

I would like to know whether any trader friends have tried trading in this products overseas. Please share your feedback.

1 Like

@mparmar

Currency FNO are used mostly by corporates and not so much by speculators.

Indian corporates have risk exposure to USD and INR.

They have EUR / JPY / GPB risk exposure only if they have a business in that country.

Since most indian companies have base here and they are exposed to their local currency risk. Hence most liquidity will be in USDINR and not so much in EURUSD or other cross currency pairs.

Any liquidity that will come in these pairs will be from speculators mostly, but only time will tell since these are newly introduced.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion

1 Like

How do you guys trade USDINR! Its chart is so terrible, full of sudden gaps and weird shape candles. Just because it’s kinda goes inverse to Nifty, is it reason enough to trade this asset class?

@tanmay.t its simple to counter gap up, you need to increase time frame… and if you increase time frame in zerodha then you will cry and came to q n a page for help… everythings is predictable… its has another solution… i will tell next week

What are the margin requirements for cross currency?

zerodha margin for cross currency is about ₹ 4000 approx according to 1 March…

DJ wale bro, I understood till the point to go up on the time frame to vanish the gaps on daily time frame, after that part kuch samajh nahi aata! Anyways, trading on the weekly timeframe means taking larger risk.