Paytm - One more Negative News 😓

Looks like the one of the only profitable segment of Paytm (Paytm Payments Bank) is now barred from adding new customers.

The Reserve Bank of India’s March 11 move to bar Paytm Payments Bank from onboarding new customers could be due to several reasons including violation in following norms related to Know Your Customer (KYC), data storage, data privacy and outsourcing of data, among others, said experts. More on this in the article below :

Would love to know from friends here - What’s so dubious about this company’s business model that whatever it does backfires - TIll now, I’ve personally not heard one single good news about the company in last 1 year.

Is there any hope in this company in the long run ?

Interestingly, This news about paytm not onboarding new customers comes just a day before this news :

1 Like

I thought Macquarie was the one who downgraded the stock on the listing date…

RBI also does Quarterly settlements :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m happy that RBI did this, I get a lot upi money request from paytm from irctc to gambling and fake id what not…, i’m not sure how my upi was available for some one to request money, though ignored those request and unliked my bank account with paytm upi and stopped using paytm. but i never faced this issues with phonepe and even today I got message for some money collection see the below message :point_down:

1 Like

They got 99 problems and everything is one. As they say, “when it rains, it pours”. Its raining Ls across the board for PayTM at the moment. Textbook case study of a fast growing company suddenly imploding and fundamentals catching up. Hope they bounce back from this. A cautionary tale for IPO investors but If investors loved it so much why’d they let it go? Hmmm. :thinking:

New lows

How much can it anyway bounce back now? i see no scope for now

One more news

paytm’s reply

https://twitter.com/PaytmBank/status/1503319149660889088?s=20&t=aVjN8-LOZeFH0PvuD5aP5w

No info that is not disclosed that may impact the price. However, stock slipped nearly 32% in a month. Is there really a light at the end of the tunnel?

Price action is not showing any sign of reversal , only small positive point is heavy volumes are traded so bottom should be somewhere near where it should consolidate before making another up or down move.715 Run away gap is very negative sign ! Cartrade and Paytm are biggest wealth destroyer. I exited at Run away gap .

PAYTM doing a small attempt at reversal today.

The only strong and high potential product is online payment. But again, how much can they earn by 20 50 ₹ payments even if crore of people use them. Not at par with those high valuations unless there’s some innovation and new products that boom…

2% “guaranteed” cashback offer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

" Dead Cat bounce" of 100% from 500 odd levels would mean…50% from its IPO issue price. :smiley: The sheer level of loot by so many promoters in bull market is absolutely nuts.

Paytm’s latest card offers you to buy now and pay later service for train ticket booking via IRCTC. They seem to be trying really hard to come up with something that works out.

It feels sad to see (once) my favourite app getting through so much. The competitors have surely taken over the market.

1 Like

Losses widen on account of employee benefit costs primarily.

But, decent growth seen in topline.

bottomline, topline and all similar jargons to misdirect investors.

Comments like this misdirects Investors to concentrate on the topline, while not noticing that the bottom straps are too loose and everything below the bottom line is about to fall off.

1 Like

I think that with the rate it’s going at, we’re bound to come across some kind of loss, stay prepared.