Peak margin requirements from Dec 1st 2020 & its effects

hello,
so in copper @705 cover order is asking for a margin of 49,000/-
what will change from march even if the price remains the same?

50% of nrml will be asked.

@siva
so cover orders will be useless, right?
and it will ask for mis margin.

It may be different for others who want to place mandatory sl.

For sbin 420 pe contract size is 12 lacs but margin is more than 9 lacs. Is it not 50% of contract value on higher side ?

@siva @ShubhS9

1 Like

Itā€™s 50% of total Margin, not contract value.

Itā€™s 9 lacs now because itā€™s expiring tomorrow, so higher margin is required because the settlement happens via physical delivery.

Ty. Anyway 9lac+ margin for 12lac sized contract is huge. Maximum decay happening on last 3 days. Now I need rollover for less margin. Thatā€™s sad.

Any suggestions ?

You can reduce SPAN portion of the margin by creating a spread, but exposure margin is high. Nothing can be done about that until SEBI removes exposure margin for hedged positions.

1 Like

hi@nithin. But some discount brokers provind overnight margin facility upto 2.5 times.This is helpful for clients to take leverage.

1 Like

@nithin Why arenā€™t we providing MTF like other competitive brokers?

In our list, should be out in next few months.

if i sell shares from my demat account say on monday when can i withdraw the money from my account on monday evening itself or on wednesday i.e T +2

You can withdraw funds once they are settled in T+2 days. Explained here.

@ShubhS9 @siva here i can find the penalty charges ?

Every day after market close i see my total balance is in positive, but next day morning it goes to negative before trading starts .

If you can give one real example it would be easy for us to check that.

For MIS or Cover order, Bank Nifty Option buying do you give any leverage?

For cover order we give a bit as of now, soon we will stop it.

1. @siva, the overnight margin requirement changes have been a real problem lately, more than usual.
    Earlier, I used to keep around 2.5 L free cash and overnight, there used to be a change of around 20-30k, max 70k maybe, which is fine. But now, overnight changes of around 1L is a usual occurrence. In fact, on Tuesday Iā€™d kept around 4.5L at closing, which decreased to 2.2L, and yesterday kept the same amount (4.5L), but it increased to 6.4L. Both days, same type of trades and almost same cash left overnight. But one day, it decreased by around 2L, and yesterday, it increased by same amount!?
    Itā€™d be great if we could get a fair margin requirement around EOD. Bit of fluctuation is fine, but too much these daysā€¦

2. Thereā€™s also this thing these days where the margin requirement will increase everyday at around 12pm, only to come back to normal later in the day. Market scenario/position size/volatility remains same but still it happens, leading to margin calls. Just seems strange. Anyway, main issue is the one highlighted in point (1) above, not this oneā€¦

@siva. I had also faced similar issues. I donā€™t know how overnight margin is calculated at all. I guess analyzing this issue by your end, we can get some picture.

I understand that after 3:30 exchanges release some span files and i can see difference in the margin required at 3:30 and 5:00 PM on that day.

But after this is done, when we check the margin required next morning, the amount seems to be different.

I face this quite often and mostly on Wednesday EOD.
Yesterday my margin was -56,000 as per margin statement and today morning kite showed a negative balance of 5 lakhs. I donā€™t understand what changes happened overnight, that too before the market opened.

Never can we understand the margin calculation logic and why is it not made public.