Peak margin requirements from Dec 1st 2020 & its effects

Are intraday hedging margins also going to reduce.Now i am getting a margin requirement of 27000 rs with hedging in intraday.will this also going to increase?

1 Like

After sep 1st all margins will be same as nrml margins, no difference between intraday or carry forward.

1 Like

After Sep 1 will sebi allow brokers to fund client for margin requirements

@ShubhS9 @siva is now penalty is charged on intraday shortfall also?

Say if I exit buy position first and wait for 5 -10 min. To exit sell position. Will I be charged with short margin penalty?

Considering balance went in negative for 10 min

Likely yes, please read first few replies of this thread.

Penalty Is on placing an order or exectuing?

Because once i place a buy order first my balance goes negative. Technically should not charge Penalty until it gets executed.

On executing only.

Is there any possibility of Intraday margins stays at 50% or 75% of NRML margin by Sep 21

No. As of now, from September 2021, intraday margin requirements in F&O will be as overnight (NRML) margin requirements.

@siva why the margin for intraday is high then the overnight is low can you tell me why please
This is intraday

dxsdsd

This is overnight

vbvb

1 Like

This can be because you are having some open positions in Normal wherein you are getting margin benefit

1 Like

Maybe you may have other hedge positions in NRML, margin showed on window is after considering existing positions.

ok siva thanks i understood

can you explain me how much margin required for this position? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REQUIRED MARGIN AND FINAL MARGIN ?

Required margin is what will be required to place all the orders in the basket.

Final margin is the eventual margin that will be blocked in the trading account after the order execution.

Means i need 75000 to execute this order

To place all the orders in the basket, you’ll need 75k, once all the orders are executed, the final margin blocked will be 49k.

@siva @ShubhS9 On the massive swing on margin requirements, i am adding my case to your list too… pls see if SEBI/Exchange can do something about it, like getting 3:15 or 3:20 file across to brokers so that we can get a better guess before the market closes.

So based on 2:30 pm file today, my EOD margin was +5L (3:40 pm) which i think after 3:30 pm file update has now changed into -5L (at 4:40 pm), so a swing of 10L !!

I think everyone will appreciate this, if SEBI can ask the exchanges to release a extra snapshot of 3:15 (besides final 3:30 pm as they do usually) to allow clients to get a better accuracy. Otherwise this is an easy money being made by whom? Only hurts clients and eventually whole ecosystems in long term.

Right, we have taken this up with exchange, will see what will happen in coming days.

Any Update based on this article?

Any chance to get rid of the new margin policy?

1 Like