Pharma Industry - Thread đŸ§”

This is a very interesting development which prima facie looks like an extremely positive development for India pharmaceutical stocks especially stocks like Dr.Reddys which has good exposure to russian markets.

But is it really that simple ? It probably is not - Because it may also have a counter impact of US and EU business for these companies.

What do you think about this development ? Let’s use this thread to discuss more about pharma stocks.

2 Likes

Is it only me or of late are you also a stable and strong performance by the pharma sector - Stocks inching up slowly and silently? and truly behaving like defensive sector

The healthcare sector is doing quite well Moderna for example has gotten new contracts plus i read they are going for more cant wait to see how the Indian Pharma companies will fare as well.

1 Like

Nifty Pharma leading the market as companies announce very strong results

Add to that, Strong breakout on charts

2 Likes

Take a look at ABIOMED for example their stock just skyrocketed

1 Like

Yes, very good move. Hoping this can start a upcycle.

2 Likes

I saw today some market recaps where mostly everything is down. The sector that had good ups was healthcare and labs CRL,CVS doing nice.

1 Like

Interesting news I guess we will start seeing more stuff from companies making vaccines and drugs.

1 Like

With so much government support and at a time when medical commodities are in high demand, there is no doubt that this is the best time to invest in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors. Because of the COVID pandemic, all countries have increased their healthcare spending, resulting in organic growth in the healthcare sector. So, invest in some fundamentally sound stocks and hold them for the long term.

1 Like

The rally seems to have beaten down, will it take a trend line support?

since 2020 this one has been performing well i hope it will keep it up

China is indeed the undisputed leader when it comes to antibiotics.

Most of the ingredients required for producing antibiotics by Indian companies is sourced from China

Pic source : Statista

okay thats a huge difference. China has become one big power house.

Think China will lose some after her current problems?

Doubtful. They still control the basic raw materials.

2 Likes

Yeah china looks like too big to fail kind of thing.

Drug shortages in US are at multi year highs esp essential drugs related to cancer.

Keep an eye on pharma sector as a whole. Should do well in the coming days and most likely must have bottomed out.

https://healthnews.com/news/drug-shortages-in-us-what-caused-it-and-when-it-will-end/

There are also problems in the EU althoug i read they are pushing legislations to fix it https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/following-proposed-overhaul-eu-pharma-legislation-19-member-states-push-adoption-critical

Key trends in pharma exports in the ongoing quarter.

1 Like