Pi vs kite - The godfather and the apprentice

There are lots of discussions with reference to kite and seldom about Pi.

I have nothing against kite but I just cannot see myself abandoning Pi, which is my bread and butter.

Pi has seen my ups and downs and the bumpy journey all through. To me kite is the new kid around the block, but the big godfather has always be the pi.

Pi recieves upgrade once in a while, which to me is fair enough. Well, you don’t fix what is not broken.

Mad respect for Pi.

4 Likes

Pi is faster compared to kite, web based apps will always their own issues like cache, compatibility and if your using chrome then it’s done story it uses lot system resources makes the system slower and needs a refresh.

Simple example: Quotes are faster in Pi when compared to kite.

But web development is faster and developers are available ready which makes popular.

But kite webapp really better when compared other brokerage webapps.

1 Like

Pi don’t even have VWAP. What use?

It has vwap. But I am at point where I seldom and rarely need charts to trade. Hence, I love pi.

The point is, it maybe a disadvantage for you as per your trading style. But I feel pi is more rigid and if I have to put money on the line, trading the first few mins of the open, I ll go with pi.

Pi has VWAP? Where to find it?

I do not use indicators. Hmm, if you did not find “vwap”, then it must not be there. You must be right. I must have come across some kind of volume weighted… As I said, indicators are not my thing.

Hey, but you cannot find everything in one pack. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In Admin positions, I don’t see the buy average price instead it shows the previous closing price as buy average. It does not show the total position P/L value and for individual position P/L. It only shows MTM which is not that useful.

Cmon, man, when you are inclined to see everything bad you ll see only the bad. I am not arguing but you can choose what columns you want to see in your admin position. You can pop out the admin page or whatever page you wish.

You can see more than buy average or you can choose not to see. That’s neat right. LIVE-01

1 Like

Dude, I am not saying anything bad. I am trying to figure out how to get the information I am looking for. Do you have any overnight FO position? Can you see the data as you see in kite with average buy/sell price and unrealized P/L ? I don’t want to use two systems while trading.

Nope. I am not a swing trader and don’t hold any overnight positions.
Maybe some other pi users might help you the same.