Please Help me..i'm a beginner in stock market

Sarcasm isn’t going to help this person in anyway. Everyone makes mistake and at some point of time “we” had committed mistakes in trading too. One who can not help should not mock also.

10 Likes

Don’t wait for more than 2-3 days . Your premium will erode exponentially as the expiry comes closer. At or closer to expiry you will need the share price to trade at 576.45 (550 + 26.45) so that don’t make any losses. The current premium or value which is now showing 16.80 will become very low (2 or 3 )or negligible if it doesn’t crosses 550 near the expiry day. It will become 0 on the expiry day if it does not crosses 550.
I was in the same situation as you 6 years back. I directly jumped into the options without understanding the Greeks and made a loss of 8k in a single day.
Get out as soon a you can . All the best!

In my defence, sir, I put this on the table. It’s basically only authorities who frown upon it. It is understandable as they are the once who face this form of language the most.
Otherwise it is one if the best and greatest teaching tool.

To start with one should never average in stock options and most of the stocks are ill liquid where bid and ask would be wide and volume also hardly traded.In your case also it seems like that only .Bharati has come long way based on news and results .Retracing back to 520 levels is higher . On the upside first resistance at 549, 564 and 581.It should not break 536 on downside.Currently down trend continues and if it has to reverse then 549 should be crossed convincingly.
On premium wise , it should trade above 20 for any chance of uptrend.
You bought contract at resistance level at 26s levels ( bad entry) , should have been the other way round ( pe contract).Chances of retracing to 520s are higher if 536 gets breached on downside.
Lastly for beginners stock options are killers moreover nifty options would be better ( with proper study of technical levels).Never listen to friends etc.Always make self study and take decisions.

Best of luck for your future trades.

1 Like

for how many days will i have to hold this stock to earn profits…?

for how many days will i have to hold this stock to get my money back…?

@Tapovan_Vashisht_Vik
Look at this.
@subhu took great pains in researching and typing this great reply. It must have taken him 15-20 min to type this.
And instead of studying and discussing the details and improving own knowledge., What type of questions @PraneethKrish is asking

sir im still learning… i dont know much about the market research and all…im trying hard to understand
@maddy_Des @subhu @Tapovan_Vashisht_Vik

Not happy with what you did. Being a beginner you want to jump to the top.
This contract cycle expiry is on 30th nov.

You should use your own brain than listening to countless people. You blindly bought it without giving a second thought.

Airtel has already rallied enough. I m not sure if it will make it to your levels. Try to book partial loss on 1 lot when call price reaches your buy price.

And remaining lot, you can wait n watch the moment. Otherwise you may have to exit.

Stay away from F&O now.
I have had another person who bought 510 strike price put. He booked his losses last week. You have a high strike price call & if airtel didn’t show movement in uptrend then your premium will erode fast.

Options dont work the way you think.

Hope you come out of your loss & dont trade F&O again.

1 Like

Then DON’T trade NOW.
First learn…
Stop listening to FRIENDS.
Take Pains.
No Pains No Gains.
It will take you anything from 1 month to 1 year to learn
But First learn.

On the side note - I taught my 58 yrs old mother trading and she is making 2-3k profits!!!
Only difference between her and most other newbies is that - She took pains even at this age. Spent almost 4 hrs daily just for paper trade and back test.
If you genuinely ready for this, I can help (w/o sarcasm! :wink: ) that too for free.

3 Likes

yes sir, im ready to learn … i dont trade without research…please help me out

Okey
The first thing is that You may get bored.
A LOT!!!
Most people don’t look at trading and investing as a profession or business but as betting…
They think it is a game of luck and sure shot way to get rich quick…which it is not!!!
They get shock of their life when they are told that they need to learn hard

2 Likes

Bhai, first thing first. First calculate the total loss as of Friday closing. Let me know the exact amount.

1 Like

My personal suggestion. As today is Sunday you take out some time and read the chapters 1 to 8, you can make a better decision.

I would suggest you to read those chapters so you can calculate your profit/loss based on what is the spot price on Monday.

After you exit from trade. Spend a good time in reading the complete options module. The most complex subject starts from chapter 9 give it more time and Learn by seeing the live data instead of just following the old data in modules. This way you can understand about options and how it’s affects the premium etc.

1 Like

If I were you, I wouldn’t touch the stock at current levels
It seems to be entering in consolidation zone, It may (remember market works on expectations) go up, but by that time your option price will definitely erode (Hope you have read about theta), and you may end up with nothing
However, it is trading above moving averages, but it will take time to reach above your required price.

Company made profit in Africa but at the same time it made loss in India

Final Advice: Exit by booking whatever least profit you make or by booking minimum loss at any point, do not expect huge profits

1. Do not adhere to my advice, you are new and we all tried to give you an idea of whats going to happen
2. You have multiple bits of advice to stay and also to exit, so now it becomes your ultimate choice.
3. Remeber No one can predict market even the top researchers and brokers, they also book losses
One more thing never invest your whole amount in single trade

Looking at the trade data u hv posted, i will assume the loss to be 30K+. In this, what is the max loss that you are comfortable with? is it 30K? 25K? 20K? 15K? or something else? Come up with an exact amt of max loss tht u r comfortable with. Let me know, then we will move fwd fr wht next?

Watch and understand all 33 videos:

Finish and thoroughly understand the following book (do not leave a letter unread):

Hope (which has nothing to do in the Market) that on Monday, you get a desirable price to Exit. If not, then, my friend, like any other experience in life – you have just paid its price.

Don’t worry! Relax! Money is just a score.

From now on if you become a student of the Market with utmost perseverance and obsession, she, in time will definitely reward you with abundance!

One suggestion: No one else in this Universe can understand you better than you yourself. Be your own judge. Dependency on others come from lack of knowledge. Please understand – anticipation can only be applied if and only if all the changing parameters are understood. Market is no place to show testosterone and adrenaline driven guts.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Can you do this with your CAR ? without learning go for driving ?

Profit Booking taken place on 3rd Nov. more profit booking will follow. Long Unwinding in Futures. ( so as Options ).

Mistakes you did

1. Listening to Tips of others
  2. Entering position when it is already on Top.
  3. Without knowing about Stop Loss
  4. How much you can loose in this trade to be decided before you take a position, definitely not how much you are going make.
  5. Getting into Options
  6. Not learned anything in Last 15 months and also in the last 48 hours.
  7. Again you are asking what to do ? if your stop loss is 50k then hold it. decide your stop loss and decide to hold or not.
  8. How much more you are going to loose ? decide that at least now.
  9. I put All the money - trade with only 10% of your Account Value till you learn.
  10. Trade only positional Equity till you make profits. no FNO till then

Don’t trade till you learn by reading books about Support, Resistance, Stop Loss, Position Sizing, Discipline, Controlling Fear, Trend Following.

2 Likes

Your helpless and anxious questions are warranted from your side .But I can’t say to please you that trade wud turn favourable.Mkt is ruthless and accept if it turns against you.See how it pans out tom.Sheer ignorance made you to take this trade .Anyways release your mistake and don’t repeat .Take as reference from my previous views and act .Here no-one is perfect .

For future reference: visit sites like trendlyne, investing.in, topstockresearch as they may help you in taking a wise step.

I may be proved wrong on monday but still i believe u have a chance