Please help With IPO UPI Mandate

Hi Guys,

Today I applied for TATA Tech IPO and I didn’t get the UPI Mandate so cancelled and reapplied after some time then I got the mandate to block money and I did but after few hours I got another mandate to block the money now the problem is I blocked the money before was of the application I cancelled and now I can’t unblock that, is calling the bank the only option?

The mandate accepted for cancelled IPO application will get unblocked automatically by mandate end date.

1 Like

Thanks @ShubhS9 , Really appreciated

Too many problems with this IPO and upi mandate. most of the time either processing issue or something else. Never had this problem using Netbanking Bank IPO appl.

1 Like

Yes, I failed as an NRI to apply for Tata Technologies IPO because UPI payment mandate. Why they could do it through Netbanking or directly debiting Zerodha account?!

Hi @varun_10 , I have similar issue may I know if you received your refund. I haven’t yet

I did, thanks to Shubh who made me aware. You should check your bank account or if the application submitted was right

I am not sure why they could’nt do it through Netbanking but its not possible directly debiting zerodha account. There could be some other provisions of NRI for sure

Bank account still shows as blocked and reached out to bank to unlock but they said they can’t do anything about this.

@ShubhS9 any idea what can be done from my end.

1 Like

You can wait until mandate end date for the amount to get released. If it’s not released even then then you can escalate this to NPCI at [email protected] with your application number, IFSC Code, and Bank account number.

1 Like

Thanks @ShubhS9 will wait on that…

Even I applied my bid got accepted but UPI authorisation failed. Today I saw bid. Is accepted and my UPI app has been sent 10 requests yesterday ime 25th Saturday.but I didn’t get one also. I use this upi for most of my things. So I don’t know how to pay for it or is it held or failed . Can anyone guide.?

See soon you apply in your demat, within an hour or 2 you get a request on your UPI app for authorization to block, you can find this on the IPO section of the UPI app also if incase you don’t get notification and once you do that just enter your upi pin and done but remember you could have only applied till evening of friday

I also applied for IPO and got the mandate on gpay after 3-4 hours but the request got expired.
Is there any other way to approve the mandate request through net banking or google pay ?

If the mandate is not accepted within the deadline, it’ll expire. The deadline is 5 PM on the issue closing date. Once the issue is closed, there’s nothing that can be done.

@ShubhS9 Do you think it is still best to apply the old fashion way of filling up the form and going to the bank and submitting it?
A year back there were also reports that most rejections happen when it is done through UPI

through netbanking is also possible

I’m also facing a problem with my mandate. A UPI mandate of 15k was created successfully. My ipo got selected and then the problem starts, 15k was debited from my account and then after some time they were credited back, then after 24hrs they were finally debited again and the shares were allotted but still 15k is blocked in my account by UPI 2.0

@varun_10 @Bumblebee
I am facing the same issue. Is there any way to get it unblocked as i wanted to reapply for the IPO and now i am out of money and there is no active IPO request in my account

I am assuming you mean to say you applied for an IPO and didn’t get the mandate and cancelled it and reapplied, and soon after you got the mandate for the 1st form which you cancelled and amount got blocked, right? By night that amount will be unblocked and seen in your bank account