Please review MF portfolio

Currently I am doing SIP in below MF since 4 yrs.

1. Mirae asset ELSS
  2. DSP Tax Saver ELSS
  3. Bandhan Tax Saver ELSS
  4. Nippon Small cap
  5. Quant Midcap
  6. Axis Bluechip
  7. Kotak Flexicap

I want to change few funds I would like to stop Axis Blue Chip and Mirae asset ELSS. so it will be come
DSP ELSS
Bandhan ELSS
Kotak Flexi Cap
Nippon Small Cap
Quant Mid Cap
ICICI LargeMid Cap 250 Index - New addition

Can anyone suggest is it good or need to change something? I am interested in more Indexed based funds/etfs like nifty alpha 50, nifty 200 momentum 30. If any one have suggestion then please do share.

I’m not a sponsor of grow but just found this one video perfectly as the solution to your answer :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: DO pay attention to how much of the market are you covering if you’re covering the entire market along various sectors and capitalizations it’s just better to sell of of those various mutual funds and come down to Total Market Index Fund :slight_smile: Personal finance need not to be super complicated :slight_smile:

1 Like

With ELSS funds, they mostly invest in large cap companies.

So 2 is max, since overlap will be a lot.

You can enter your fund name here and check what is common among 2 mutual funds.

1 Like

Personal opinion: along with market coverage, one should also consider the amount of exposure one is getting across the spectrum of caps available. So might make sense to choose multiple index funds rather than the TMI. e.g. if I want 40-30-30 exposure across large-mid-small caps, might choose 3 different index funds and build it that way (rather than a TMI which kind of is like 60%+ in large caps).

1 Like

Ahh yes that’s a valid point too thnx @asen

Any Suggesstions for my MF SIP Allocation ? any perspective is welcome

Lot of funds. IMO Thematic/Sectorial funds are not good unless you have full faith on scheme and other funds already have IT/Digital related stocks so there might be overlapping.

Both nifty and sensex fund don’t make sense.

Parag Parikh flexi cap highest allocation is to HDFC.
Same as Nifty 50.

So you have a lot of exposure to HDFC, just saying

Thanks for the response @tallerballer @vimox.shah . I will review my SIP to avoid overlapping and heavier weightage on single stock