Pledging mutual funds

Anyway I don’t want to convince you but if big writers were affected by the withdrawal of mutual funds as pledging option then there would be a big rucuss but I don’t notice any of that.

By option i mean here a feature

Just 4 persons out of 60 Lakh active client base of zerodha.

Yeah. Big option writers don’t even pledge anything I believe. They directly use cash. Because by pledging there would be a haircut of around 10 percent. They would want to use even those funds.

Example lets say somebody has pledged money market funds which give a return of 5 percent. Since haircut is 10percent and you get back 90 percent of the funds, 5 percent pa effectively comes to 50 percent.

If an option writer can generate better returns he wouldn’t want to pledge such funds.

And then there are writers like me. I target around 25 percent per annum. So I prefer buying such funds and then pledging them.

Yes, the big ones won’t be using discount brokers. They might even have exchange membership.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:
Both NSE and BSE are looking for CEOs…
Better apply there because you can loot as much as you want. Example Chaitra Ramakrishna

1 Like

I don’t understand why Zerodha is not replying anything. I think they’ll face huge backlash once they annouce this.

1 Like

Upstox sent a mail saying that there are changes brought in Mutual Fund but didn’t mention anything about pledging. Just said that we’ll block all mutual fund redemption for 2 days.

1 Like

As of now I don’t think there is any change for zerodha clients. Otherwise they would have informed us by now. But I would still prefer a clarification on the same.

@Bhuvan

Sure.
I personally messaged you because I didn’t want to disturb the thread. Can others see this thing?

This is still public :grin::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shit man… I thought this is private and that’s why clicked personal message or something like that. Are you sure this is public?

1 Like

There is a reaction to your previous reply. That proves. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::rofl::rofl:

This is totally private. Please continue.

1 Like

If i started the discussion why can’t I delete it?

I’m also wondering about it. Not one word. Not one comment from Zerodha staff about it.

On the bird app, they are saying no changes, but no’s replying on this forum, which is strange considering the Zerodha folks here would probably be knowing more than the folks handling their twitter account…

4 Likes