Practicing Equity Swing Trading With Only Price Action Analysis

this is so true… everyone wants to know about the best strategy but nobody wants to learn about discipline and risk management which are backbone of any strategy…

3 Likes

Bought JKPAPER:

Closed KSB:

Just because he put a red line there he is taking it as support zone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

You are buying at the top boy ! Buy High Sell Low !

he is well aware that he is gambling at that level. So its fine if he takes a position on that supposed support level.

But for all intents and purpose , the way retail uses technical analysis is completely wrong.

Technical analysis should not used for picking direction. It should only be used for timing your entries after you have a solid trading idea. But instead they rely entirely on TA for taking a position and guess what happens?

Retail will never understand that trading is 90% fundamental and 10% TA.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Noted. Thanks for the feedback, Appreciate it. I will draw black line next time… :wink:

2 Likes

Bought FLOUROCHEM:

1 Like

Closed NH:

oh boy! If fundamental analysis was all you need, not so fundamentally strong companies will never be traded daily.

well , fundamentals is what moves the market up or down. not technical analysis.

Real economic data and facts is what professional use, TA is for only timing your entries.

TA have no logic or basis to move a market up or down.

They say that price incorporates all data. right? What do you think that data is ? its fundamentals.

This assumption is not correct, its not the fundamental or technical data that moves the market, its actually the interpretation of data by either humans or machines that moves the market. This data could be anything fundamental, technical, sentiment, quantitative etc.

I am a quantitative trader and I give equal importance to all type of data and trading styles. Having an understanding of various types of data gives us new insights. Its like playing a game of chess and each piece on board is a data point which we can use to design a beautiful game plan.

So please lets not argue about who moves the market or what trading style is superior, As “RETAIL” traders lets focus on exploiting that volatility in market to make some profit…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

the temporary shift in the price could be away from the fundamental reality on ground. There are several stocks which although strong in fundamental have moved too high too soon and later on stayed on sideline (seemingly forever). Others just keep going downhill without any fundamental reason at all ! In longer turn yes fundamental is key, but rest time if you want to do trading, its TA (interpretation of data, demand supply etc) which help in passing time.

If fundamental didn’t change, one would not sell stock and hold it. But traders need to trade everyday. Eicher motor fundamentals didn’t changed last week, yet it had triggered Sell for 200-300 points.

Bought NHPC:

Closed NBCC:

Closed NHPC:

I will not be posting new buy trades from now as I am getting busy with few new assignments. However I will try to post the close trades for the ones that I have previously posted here.

1 Like

Closed JKPAPER:

Closed GPPL:

Open Trades:
CEATLTD: -9.3%
FLUOROCHEM: -4.77%

1 Like

Closed FLOUROCHEM:

Open Trade:
CEATLTD: -0.44%

Closed: CEATLTD:

With this I have closed all the buy trades I had posted earlier in the thread. I will stop posting trades here in the thread as I am busy with other work commitments. Thanks.