Pre market order not processed

I was so upset that, I placed the order for tata motors at 9:1 am in pre market even at high price than previous day close at Rs 403.86. Placed order at 404 but, exchange don’t alloted me any share.
Don’t know why???
After market opens it jumped to 28 points and tata motors was trading at higher price than 426. I don’t know why they don’t alloted me, why??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: i missed a chance of great profit… :cry::cry::cry:

It is a Gap up OPEN, the low of Tata Motors today is 416.2. Hence, you did not get it.

Why i can’t get share in pre market orders before normal market opens because gap-up opening comes after 9:15 am but i had placed it 9:1 a.m in pre market
Or it was too rush
Please explain☺️☺️☺️

Hi Saurav,

Pre-market Orders:

NSE started the concept of pre-open session a few months back to minimize the volatility of securities during the market opening every day. Between 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM is when the pre-market session is conducted on NSE. During the pre-market session for the first 8 minutes (between 9:00 AM and 9:08 AM) orders are collected, modified or cancelled. You can place limit orders/market orders. After 9.08 AM to 9.15 AM no new orders can be placed, orders placed are matched and trades confirmed. So technically you can place orders only for the first 8 minutes and only on equity segment. More on Pre-market orders on this link.

Courtesy:https://zerodha.com/z-connect/