Predicting the forthcoming open price

Hi everyone…

My queries are below…

1. Is it possible to predict the next day’s open price of indices or of a particular stock with the previous day’s data?

2. How the next day’s open price is being set?

3. For example, if Nifty closes by 10300 a day, and opens up by 10400 the next day, how does that 100 point lap occurs? On what basis? Can it be predicted earlier? Earlier by the previous day when the market is active? If it is, what are all the ways to calculate it?

If i know, most probably i wont tell this even to my girlfriend / wife :smile:

2 Likes

:confused::expressionless::frowning::rage::neutral_face::smirk:

Hi @Jai369,

During the previous day’s market hours, there is absolutely no way for anyone to know what the open price of next day would be. Otherwise, they would be billionaires just doing BTST or STBT. Also, any information during market hours will immediately be priced in the stocks/overall market,

Now, sometimes based on how the global markets performed overnight one can make a guess about the opening price of India market. For example, since US market closed +1.5% higher on Friday, there is a good chance that tomorrow NIFTY would open ~ .5% higher. Again, this is all guess work and none of this is actionable

The opening price is based on the demand-supply situation during the pre-market (9:00-9:15). I know it’s not super clear but that’s how the price action works at the opening.

~Neha

2 Likes

Anyone who can predict that is no less than a God.

2 Likes

Hi @Neha_Raghuraman Your info regarding my query was very helpful and I got clarified… Thanks a lot…

That’s a single liner with clarity… Thanks for the comment…

Hai jay
Pls see how to select stocks for intraday trading from nifty website there are some useful Vedios in you tube by Nitin Bhatia which will help u lot in selection of stocks
Price variation happens due of huge buy and sale volumes
Which can be seen in bulk buying in nifty web site
U will not have much time do these home work in intraday
Best way I’d follow top gainers for buying and top losers for selling option
U need to follow these charts
Moving average 5/8/13 day comparison
Super trend analysis
MACD cross over and RSI - above 60 buy
Below -20 sell
If u can watch some u tube sessions will understand in better way

1 Like

Thank you sir…