Procedure to trade (buy/sell) in two accounts (My & My Wife's) in a single computer (same IP) at the same time

Procedure to trade (buy/sell) in two accounts (My & My Wife’s) in a single computer (same IP) at the same time.

You can log into kite using two different web browsers like Mozilla and Chrome. Then submit limit orders for a given price. There is a high chance they will get executed at the same price. However, technically, you cannot submit orders on behalf of your wife unless you get a terminal form zerodha and have required certification from NISM. You are only allowed to transact on your own account and not on behalf of others I think.

1 Like

Any more idea to trade two account on a single computer. OR one at a time.

There was a similar question been posted on this forum nearly 2 yrs ago.

I was trying to pull up the old records on the forum, but could not locate it.
keywords " letter notice nse explanation wife account"

A trader was using the same computer / IP to run 2 trading accounts at the same time.
One trading account on the traders name and the other one on the wife’s name.

The trader’s account get flagged, and receives a notification from the NSE exchange asking for explanation.

Most likely , they were trying to buy and sell the same script at the same time from 2 accounts.

Technically, it is okay to buy and sell the same scrip if the buyers and sellers are different.
But if your buy order matches the seller order from the other account, it accounts to manipulation.

Once, you get these kind of notifications from the exchange, your names get flagged in the exchange records.

It is best to avoid these complicated trading practices. if in doubt avoid it.

1 Like

One work around. Have a cloud based machine running 1 a/c and another on your machine. Although, this does not answer your question of 1 single computer but two trading a/c. But it solves your problem.