Profits from options buying

is there anyone in here who is profitable only by buying options? can you share some insights on being profitable trading options by only buying them?
ps: i know odds of buying and selling and i’m asking this due to huge margin requirements in selling.

The chances of finding people who successfully trade options by buying is going to be quite tough. The margin requirements to short is higher, but maybe you should save until you have enough. Usually low trading capital is one of the biggest reasons for people blowing out too. The idea is to not lose more than 1% of trading capital in one trade, but if the capital is very less, you can’t really follow that rule.

3 Likes

thanks. i got it.

There is a person Names Pramod who is successfully trading in Options and only Buy Side…He is regularly making Money. All his trade details are available on his blog optionsnext.com

1 Like

For Options buying (Bank Nifty Call or Puts) Stop loss hits very easily. If trade without SL heavy losses. SL & Target both couldn’t insert at the same time. Many such issues to overcome. Already faced huge losses. Any advice from the experts?

I do not see how it really possible by doing only that, but I will try to make it no matter what. I can only recommend you to invest in some stocks and shares and then you really do have some chances, but not doing only options and that’s really it.

@Gurly7 @rahulkhanna @alphaT @sekhar916 @Newbie420
For Options buying (Bank Nifty Call or Puts) Stop loss hits very easily. If trade without SL heavy losses. SL & Target both couldn’t insert at the same time. 1) Any brokers providing Bracket orders for options?

Flyers and upstox.

Thanks for the valuable information bro. Last week Upstox customer care said they are not providing Bracket order facility for Options trading. Now I have to check with Flyers.

Fyers is good. Upstox provides OCO order with target and SL but the entry has to be a limit order. Fyers have CO order with target and SL and entry option both as market and limit.

@saurav106 Thanks again Bro. One more query please Bank Nifty Option trading which time frame is better (right now using 3 minutes) (2) anybody providing algo trading for Options. Streak Zerodha not supporting Options trading.