Python API for fundamental market data

Hello All,

Do we have a Python API that provides us access to fundamental data like balance sheet, income statements, investor presentations, etc. for NSE/BSE stocks. Free APIs are better. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

screener.in has it all composed as a beautiful website, try it out if you haven’t check it out yet

2 Likes

Scrape the NSE website. It is free. Use beautiful soup or maybe selenium

1 Like

Thanks, will try out both. Is scraping NSE website considered legal, if we need to use it for our application?

Since you are not scraping the live prices there would hardly be any way to detect it. as long as you use it only for personal use, automation wouldn’t be illegal. Just don’t resell it or hammer the site too hard. Switch between NSE/BSE for alternate stocks since less chances of captcha then.

All this data is already on tickertape/screener if you just want to look at them.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks.

I see that you haven’t looked closely at the BSE page source.

Arggghh the abomination! Pretty sure they did it this way to actively discourage scraping

I have lol. I know how bad it is.

In the exact same browser it doesn’t load in normal mode, but loads in incognito. No extensions, anything. The site UI is a mess