Quarry regarding brokerage and tax calculation

Let say, i entered a trade at Rs 100 for 20 quantities and when 1:1 risk to reward get achieved i booked half quantity i.e 10 shares at Rs 110 …and let say i exit the remaining 10 shares at Rs 105 …

What will be the exit price of the above scenario… Will the exit price is the average of the of two exit price??? or it will taken seperately …?

Like if i use the zerodha brokerage calculate will i enter the exit price average of the two or i will calculate it separately one by one by putting the diff. exit price???
Or what is the right to calculate it???

@ShubhS9
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Assuming orders are intraday eq.

You can put separately as brokerage will be charged on order basis.

Even if you take them separately or avg them it is same right in this case?

1. If i calculate them separately in the zerodha brokerage calculator , net brokerage + charges is coming Rs 1.69 and net p&l is Rs 148.31

2. if i calculate the average exit price i.e 10 * 110+10 * 105/20 = Rs 107.5 then the net brokerage + chqrges is Rs 2.69 and net p&l is Rs 147.31

Though this is a minute difference… But i want to know it for educational purposes…

I said about the exit price, for taxes and charges I have mentioned to use separately.

In the zerodha brokerage calculator we have to put both the entry and exit price along with the quantity… Right sir…

So if we put two exit price separately and calculate it separately… Or …if we put the average of the exit price… Then the brokerage and net p&l is coming different…
So what will be the right way

The difference which you see here is because of the STT.

STT on intraday is 0.025% on sell side, when you calculate sell order separately STT for both orders are 0.26 , 0.27 and when you calculate sell order with the average price it is 0.54.

STT is rounded of to the nearest rupee. hence we you calculate sell separately it considers STT as 0 and when you calculate with the average price STT is Rs 1. That is difference you see while calculation.

Hope this helps

1 Like