Quarterly Result Season - One Stop Shop

2 Likes

Thank you @neha1101 for sharing the results

I’ll try to share what I felt about the results.

Reliance

• The analyst expectations and the reaction aside, how crazy it is to see that reliance is growing almost like a small/mid cap when it comes to growth in the topline or bottom line for that matter.

• Energy sector is doing good and the same should continue going forward in my opinion.

• with renewables and green energy verticals getting added, Reliance as an investment is ready to fire on all cylinders.

ICICI Bank

• Superb set of numbers for the bank with NII growing 23% PAT growing 25% YoY to 6,194Cr ,CASA ratio at 45% , NIM was at 3.96% ,ROA came in at 1.90%

• It has for sure become one of the leaders if not the leader in the banking space. Outperforming HDFC Bank

• With market being in a precarious situation, I’m expecting the bounce to come with support of likes like Icici.

2 Likes
1 Like

OMCs

BPCL HPCL IOC
Net Profit 2805.09 Crore (+47.63% YoY) 1353 Crore (-43% YoY) 8016.06 Crore (+52.62% YoY)
Operating Margins 4.20% 2.50% 6%
Revenue 117702.59 Crore (+34.83% YoY) 103488.75 Crore (+33.56% YoY) 199375.3 Crore (+35% YoY)

Summary : Although the YoY result looks good with rise in revenues and profits, QoQ, the margins have deteriorated sharply due to the massive rise in crude thereby leading to margin contraction. OMCs were amongst the top losers today.

1 Like

One Observation that is visible with respect to results is : Market is absolutely punishing the bad results and doing fairly ok on the upside when companies publish good results. The trend is seen not just here but more so in global stocks like Meta, Netflix, Paypal, Spotify etc

Extraordinary Results is the only way not to get much beaten in these markets it seems like :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

ITC - Some highlights

• Cigarette Volume growth was at 12-13% much more than expectation of 7-8% which is a big beat

• Interim dividend was 5.25 rs

• ITC’s FMCG Division too fared well considering the inflation in commodity prices

• Revenue, Profit were a beat where as margin was lower than estimates.

Summary : This is a great result from ITC and with no negative triggers coming in budget for the stock with respect to rise in cess for cigarettes. The stock, in my view, should most likely head higher. But as stock is a slow mover, keeping our expectations less would be a practical way to approach this stock.

2 Likes

The cash cow of the company reached pre covid levels. I think, as an investor, most of them are happy with the revenues put across and the recovery the company has seen. Still, i always perceive ITC as a very very conservative stock :grin:

1 Like

Retail heavy stocks always underperform unfortunately. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Same has been the case with HDFC Bank for some time now

1 Like

Still ITC tends to hold wicket even when others are falling at the other end :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: