Queries about insufficient funds notification

Hello!

Last week on Friday I sold a strangle in nifty50. I sold a call around 500 points away from current market position and a put around 500 points away from the market position. The required margin was around 99k. So I placed a weekly strangle.

Then on Tuesday there was a notification from Zerodha that my fund is insufficient and if I don’t add more money to the fund my positions will be squared off. That time the market was around 300 points away from my call position. My fund was around -1000. So I added some more money into the fund.

Then again on Wednesday the market came a little close to my call position and Zerodha gave me the same notification of insufficient balance. So I again added some more money to the fund.

The same happened again on Thursday also.

Finally on Thursday the market closed around 200 points below my call position and I booked the profit.

My question is if I don’t add more money into the fund when Zerodha sends this notification, will my positions be squared off? Even if the market doesn’t cross my call/put positions on weeekly expiry?

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

Yes, if you don’t maintain sufficient exchange stipulated margin your position may get squared off any time. Kindly always keep buffer amount to tackle any margin fluctuations.

1 Like

Okay Sir. Thank you so much for your help!