Query regarding liquidbees

1. On this website, someone wrote few years ago that they had been charged STT for trading in liquidbees. What's the total transaction cost involved in purchasing LIQUIDBEES? - #9 by karmar123 Is that true?
  2. If I sell my liquidbees holding, will I get the entire amount immediately for buying stocks?
  3. Will there be any short margin penalty if I buy stocks immediately because the liquidbees sell transaction is yet to be settled?
  4. How liquid is the liquidbees security? Are there sufficient buyers or sellers present?

STT is not applicable for Liquid ETFs. You can check out more details here.

As per SEBI’s new peak margin norms, 80% of credit from selling your holdings will be available for new trades. The remaining 20% credit will be blocked under the delivery margin field on Kite until the next trading day.

You can use the 80% credit recieved. There won’t by short margin penalty.

Best gauge of liquidity will be to refer to bid and ask prices in the market depth window while placing the order.

1 Like
  1. I have stopped trading liquidbees for some time now, but when I used to, roughly a year or so back, liquidity used to be good. Spread for 1000 rs used to be 1 paisa.

Now coming to why I stopped using liquid bees:

1. returns are very low, just around 3%
  2. Returns are credited as dividend in form of fresh units
  3. Sometimes u are stuck with fractional units- u can’t sell fractional units and such units do not accrue dividend- I’m stuck with 0.9 units that is 900 Rs for many months-redemption process is very lengthy.
  4. The only purpose it served for me was that I could sell and use proceeds for immediate trades- now I use IDFC 3-1 account for same: keep some cash in that Account-earn 5% interest and if any opportunity is spotted, transfer money to zerodha account with one click and trade.

Hope it helps

1 Like