Question on using different timeframes in a single scan

Hi,
I want to create a scan on an overall 3 min time frame(to be selected at the top of the screen):

1. Today Open(9:15 AM) is greater than the Previous Day Close(Yesterday).
  2. Candle Close is greater than SMA20 & SMA30.

Thanks in advance

@Streak can you.

Hi @p2a,
You can use the following condition for this.

Opening Range(Open, 5min) higher than Prev N(Close -1 Day) and Opening Range(Close, 5min) higher than SMA20 and Opening Range(Close, 5min) higher than SMA30
Entry start time: 9:00 AM Entry stop time: 9:22 AM

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks @Krishnendu for the suggestion.
I tried the first part of this logic [ Opening Range(Open, 5min) higher than Prev N(Close -1 Day)].
However, I have got “AMARAJABAT” as an exception. Today’s Open price(942) is lower than yesterday’s Close price(943.75). But it is showing in this scan. Please refer to the attached snapshot.

Also, if we try the reverse for the first part i.e. [ Opening Range(Open, 5min) lower than Prev N(Close -1 Day)], then a lot of exceptions come up in the result. For example, “AAVAS”. Today’s Open price(1665.2) is higher than yesterday’s Close price(1662.2). Similar is the case for “ALKEM” too.

Please also let me know in case I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

@ShubhS9
@Krishnendu
Please look into this.

Thank You

The condition is for creating a strategy, in a scanner, Entry start and stop time is not present. The reason you are getting this result is that Opening Range(Close, 5min) is getting compared to the current candle SMA30. Hence the time parameter would have limited the SMA 30 value for the first candle itself.

Currently, if you want to create a scanner similar to the above condition it will not be possible because you cannot mark the SMA0 value of the first candle. This is a feature that is in our roadmap.

Thanks @Krishnendu.
I want to first create the scan using the first condition only. i.e.
“Today Open(9:15 AM) is greater than the Previous Day Close(Yesterday).”

I do not want any conditions on SMAs.
How can I do that without getting exceptions?

Thanks

You just need to do this
Opening Range(Open, 5min) higher than Prev N(Close -1 Day)