REeferal income for August month

@nithin

Hi,

Will we get the referral amount for August 1-25 for this month, or like the government, is Zerodha also imposing it retrospectively?:sweat_smile:

Ah, no, till July 31st, as we had to be done computing and paying out by the last weekend.

2 Likes

Great, now Zerodha margins will increase by 10%. So please keep other things constant for at least some time. I have prepared for a dynamic market, but in India, regulators and brokers are also creatively dynamic and adding a third dimension to trading.:innocent:

1 Like

Hmmm… no.

Around 14% of our business is through referrals. So 10% of 14% = 1.4%.

But brokerage itself is 65% of our revenue, 65% of 1.4% or 0.8%. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At Zerodha, a scale of 0.8% will also be at least 60-80 crores.
I have been a Zerodha customer since 2014, so start some loyalty program.:rofl::rofl:

Unfortunately, exchanges/SEBI doesn’t want us to launch any trading/brokerage-related incentives. I guess they are rightly worried about trade inducement. But yeah, you have some ideas on loyalty program which isn’t got to do with trading, shoot it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes. agree

This is the beauty of psychology, when we talk about others we look at the most optimistic scenario and when we talk about ourselves we factor in the worst possible outcome. :joy: :smile: :smiling_imp:

This is a negative move for brokers. What’s the incentive for clients to refer now?

I don’t know what is allowed by the regulator, but here are my wild wishes.

You can give rewards like bicycles or gym memberships as rewards in a loyalty program for those who are interested in fitness.

Similarly, you can create different categories and criteria of rewards, such as the number of accounts referred, brokerage generated, or years of active trading done with Zerodha.

Or, you can create clubs like in college based on your criteria where people will get exposure to different activities.

1 Like

You are right, but Zerodha, being a bootstrapped company, has some liberty :grinning:.

Definitely, push referrals will be stopped, but genuinely, if my friend or family member asks me, I will still suggest Zerodha, so I don’t think natural referrals will be affected too much.

2 Likes