Regarding Ninjatrader

Hi,

I have this doubt for a long time.

I need to use an advanced charting platform to semi-automate my trades.

I have now narrowed it down to two platforms.

1. Ami Broker

2. Ninjatrader

I’m pretty confident that I can’t use free version of Ami broker more than 30 days and it will cost me 20,000 or more.

What I couldn’t figure out is that the things around Ninjatrader. So here are my doubts.

1. Can I use Ninjatrader 7 or 8 to place trades in Indian Markets?

2. Can I use Ninjatrader7 or 8 free version to fire orders through Pi Bridge or Neobridge?

3. Is any kind of socket programming needed, after connecting Neobridge with Ninja trader?

4. Will it be possible to use advanced charting feature in the free version. (If yes, then what is special about paid one?)

5. Could I be able to write and execute algo strategies and scanners in free version?

6. What is the actual cost of Ninjatrader 7 or 8 in India?

7. Is anyone really using Ninjatrader paid version to trade in zerodha?

Sorry for so many questions. If anyone could clarify these things, I would be grateful.

Thanks a lot.

Ninja trader is the free version, just need to register with your email id

you can use socket programming or pi bridge dll and can fire orders from ninja trader to zerodha pi

As ninja trader 8 is the beta version, recommended to use ninja trader 7 complete version

you can download complete software from ninja trader website.

Pls find the response inline.

1. Can I use Ninjatrader 7 or 8 to place trades in Indian Markets?

Currently all vendors support NT7, support for NT8 is not yet available in india. You can place orders through NT7.

2. Can I use Ninjatrader7 or 8 free version to fire orders through Pi Bridge or Neobridge?

Free version can be used to fire to pi using NeoBridge.

3. Is any kind of socket programming needed, after connecting Neobridge with Ninja trader?

No socket programming is needed after connecting NeoBridge with Ninjatrader. You need to have a valid strategy which gives buy and sell signals so that the orders can be redirected to Pi platform

4. Will it be possible to use advanced charting feature in the free version. (If yes, then what is special about paid one?)

Yes, as per my knowledge, advanced charting features can be used. Only problem with NT at this moment is it might be free you might not get the required indicators easily online compared to Amibroker.

Also it has got its own set of tedious steps if someone wants to build his/her own indicator. Amibroker gives an upper hand here as coding is easy and there is whole lot of resources available online.

1. Could I be able to write and execute algo strategies and scanners in free version?

Yes it is possible.

2. What is the actual cost of Ninjatrader 7 or 8 in India?

NT7 is freely available. would suggest to try out the free version before moving to paid( i do not see a need to move to paid version).

Regards

Vivith

1 Like

Thank you Algogeek…

Thanks a lot vivith… that really clarified my doubts very well. Then I will try Ninjatrader for a while to get familiar with algos and strategies.

Is Neotrade Analytics currently offer Equity data as well? If not when can we expect the same?

We should have the equity feeds up approx by this month end.
Regards
Vivith

Dear AlgoGeek,

Kindly let me know how to imports NSE predefined Indexes, Sectors List and scripts from Interactive brokers’ s data feed into ninja, am struggling with mapping and watchlists created in IB are not imported in ninja,

Kindly let me know also after import do we have to download historical data ? and how to use live feed for futures?

Regards