Regulatory measures by SEBI due to current market volatility

Yes it is correct.you can short in intraday equity without any shares in demat using MIS product type.

1 Like
  1. If I have existing NIFTY LONG in MARCH FUTURES, and do not have any CASH HOLDINGS, can I sell this and BUY APRIL FUTURES of NIFTY?
    Or, I have to call your call center and ask them to ROLLOVER?

2. Can I buy a FRESH NEW NRML positions in NIFTY LONG (say 1 lot only) whenever I see the opportunity?

You can do on your own.

You can.

We update bulliten here, based on volatility we will change intraday leverages.

Check this, have explained what SEBI’s measures mean.

@siva i have no holding in my demat account also i am not having more than 500 cr will i be able to trade (Go Long or Short) in futures on any stock ?

It is answered multiple times in the post, pleased read it, yes you can trade, it won’t effect retailers.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Ragavendran_M

If i have any trade in options for this expiry…What is the last day for me to close the trade if i m a reatail trader who doesnt have the money for physcal settlement…Can you please guide ???

Also if i close my trade …i guess i wont be allowed to buy it back if i do this on wednesday…Please clarify…i hve the position in zerodha @siva @nithin

Wednesday morning you should be closing it you don’t have enough money for physical settlement.

You can always take next month contract.

@siva,

are margins relaxed today? or still nrml?

Relaxed a bit, always follow this to get latest ones.

So this gets updated everyday morning?

Yeah, also as and when any new changes.

1 Like

what happens if i dont close my trade on wednesday…auto square off by zerodha at low prices due to ban ?? @siva

I did exactly as u ppl advised but now i got charged penalty of 50,000 + GST with my other broker. I had yes bank options on friday which went into ban…I sold few lots on monday and bought the same qty back the same day…I didnt increase my position size…Can you please advise me how can i get these reversed ? the broker says no intraday …no rollover …is allowed ( Sebi cant even get their participants to take action after due diligence…Please help

@nithin @siva

The rules have been changed from this monday, earlier it was different, there would be no penalty to roll over or doing any intra day but with recent sebi circular all that is changed, so once position is closed one can’t buy it back or can’t roll over, for crossing this penalty also increased to minimum 50k to max 5 lakhs per client.

But zerodha sent a message on my mail clearly stating that i can rollover my position… @siva @nithin

It was like that for years till last friday, but is changed from this monday.

I m aware of that but zeordha sent me an email about new chnge and said its ok to rollover @siva