Reliance Rights Issue & Dematerialized Rights Entitlement Trading

Thanks Mohit !

Hi, I went through the entire thread & you have answered the doubts in very simple terms. I want to apply for rights using ICICI ASBA process, I’ve some confusion regarding the same. I see following screen when applying through ICICI,

Can you explain, what does each of these terms mean & where can I find them in my zerodha account?
DP ID: (I believe it is the 16 digit number shown under demat in console profile)
DP Name: not sure what to put here
DP Account: not sure about this either, what is the difference between DP ID & DP Account considering both are marked as mandatory.

Looking for a quick response.

Thank you so much for your help
2 clarification points:

1. In the Demat account in which I had 0 shares till record date should I just select the renouncee option and make payment?
  2. I have another account in which i had rights till record date and i purchased few more rights through zerodha. But these purchased rights are not visible on KFintech site. How should i make payment for these?

Hello, I am little new in Rights Issue. I had some Reliance RE in my Zerodha Kite.

I missed the deadline of 29th May (to sell on Kite directly). Now, How can I claim them back or make profit from them if there are any options left?

I didn’t buy them, I received them automatically. I hold RIL in Kite.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Please @AkshayAtur @mohitmehra if you could help me. Thanks.

will the re share will be again available for trading ? if yes when ? if not when i will able to get my premium back ?

You need to ensure that you’re using the 16-digit ID available here.
The DP Name is Zerodha Broking Limited.
Should you see an error ‘Invalid DP ID/DP account’ you can split the demat account number (16 digits) as
DP ID: 12081600 and DP account: the remaining 8 digits

You can apply for the rights issue either on the RTAs website or via ASBA on your net-banking.

If you don’t apply, they will be removed from your demat account.

Nope. Trading on the RIL-REs stopped on 29th May. If you don’t apply for the rights issue, you will lose the premium you’ve paid to buy the RIL REs since they will be removed from your demat account.

Thanks for the reply. Can you make me understand few things if you don’t mind.

1. I did not buy anything myself. I just hold RIL in my Kite. But someday back I could see RIL RE in my account which I believe are removed on 29th May.

Why did I receive them?

1. You are saying that, I should apply for the Rights Issue via. RTA Website. I do not wish to buy anything. I just want to deal with those RE which were allotted to me automatically (as said above).

Thanks.

@AkshayAtur

Yes

The RTA is not reconciling the purchased rights. They will just perform a check during allotment to see if the REs are in your demat account. You can select shareholder and apply for the additional shares along with that.

Since, you were eligible for the Right issue as on the record-date, you’ve received these REs.

You may have either sold them during the period they were trading or use them to apply for the rights issue till the time the application window closes.

If you do not wishto apply for the Rights issue, you can ignore the same and these REs which were credited as your eligibility to apply for the Reliance rights issue will be removed from your demat account on 3rd June.

I received (allotted)7 QTY of those RE RIL. I will make this easy for you to understand.

I want to milk them (Sell Them) so that I can make any money to settle my losses I made in previous 2-3 months because of COVID-19.

Now, What’s the best route for me?

How can I claim them back and then sell them back to make profit here?

Thanks.

P.S.: Please if you could guide me a little as I am not experienced with REs.

Thank you so much!

You cannot sell them now since the trading window for these REs was closed on 29th May.

Please check the below snapshot from the email sent:

If you do not wish to participate in the right issue the REs will lapse unutilised.

As I see here, you’ve lost the opportunity.

1 Like

Okay. What is that RTA website is about… I cannot claim those 7 quantity of RE’s now without paying any big amount?

hi @Poorna_Reddy, I have the 720 of RIL RE shares not the original RELIANCE shares. In this case what is the amount of money I have to pay. Please calculate and let me know.

The original Reliance CMP is now around 1460 but the RIL RE share price was 222 at the end of May 29th(last trading day).

The difference between (original Relicance - RIL RE) price is almost 1200 rupees.
I guess now I have pay (314.25 +difference amount) * 720) ) = approx 10L . Right?

Please guide me.

will it be ever available to trade ?

Hi Mohit

Sorry to bother you, just 1 last question
I have 2 Demant accounts for same PAN card

1. In Demat account 1 - i got 50 Rights before record date
  2. In Demat account 2 i had 0 rights befoe record date and i purchased RE from Zerodha app
    So now do i have to make payments for there 2 seperately?
    If yes then for account 1 would i use “existing shareholder” and account 2 “renouncee”?

Yes

Yes

That’s the website where you can apply for the rights issue based on the REs you’ve received. It allows you to buy 1 reliance share at Rs. 1257. You have to pay 25% of Rs. 1257 right now i.e. Rs. 314.25* 7qty and will be allotted a partly-paid share of 25% face value of the ordinary share. RIL will ask you to pay rest of the amount i.e. 75% of Rs. 1257 over the next year.

If you sell that partly-paid shares before RIL asks for the remaining amount, the end buyer whoever holds the shares will pay this to get the fully paid shares.

The amount you have to pay doesn’t depend on the RIL share price anymore. It is fixed as described above.

You will not be able to stake a claim on those REs otherwise.