Reliance Rights Issue & Dematerialized Rights Entitlement Trading

No. Since you were only eligible for 2 shares, that was the premium you paid to buy extra 15 RIL-RE’s, which was used to apply for 15 extra Partly Paid shares.

How did you apply to the rights issue? Through the registrar and transfer agent (RTA) which is KFin Tech (formerly known as Karvy)'s web-based platform (R-WAP) or through the Application Supported by Blocked Amount (“ASBA”) facility on Zerodha or another platform?

Does anyone know why ReliancePP is only showing day to day price in charting?

No such issues, prices are showing on Intraday timeframes as well.

Intraday yes, but I was asking why is yesterday’s pricing data not showing in the chart. I have attached the screenshot.

Reliance PP was listed on exchange yesterday so it’ll show data from that day only.

2 Likes

Means extra shares costing for me is 210+314.25
Is it usual for everyone or any mistake committed by me?

It is same for everyone who bought RIL-RE shares to apply for the issue.

I purchased RE 400 shares @ 211 than through the process I again invested 400@314= 125600 something but now in my demat account it is only showing the amount I invested @ 314 that is. 125600
Please explain this.
Secondly, also tell can we sell this now ?

Explained above by @mohitmehra.

Yes, you can sell those shares.

Please see my post of June 15. Yes, your purchase price of 1 Reliance Industries Ltd. partly paid share, i.e. (25% of paid-up value) is 514.25.

Really you are great. I got all my queries answered from you.

1 Like

Dear @mohitmehra and other community members,
I am a new investor and purchased around 350 RIL-RE-BE s from my Zerodha account in last week of May.
Now those shares have disappeared from my holdings so started googling more about it. I found that was a rights issue and I had to apply for additional shares in June to complete my purchase.
I would have done that but missed it deadline because I had no idea about the process.

So, can you please advise what options I have now. Can I still purchase those shares and how?
If not how can I get the amount paid back.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi Deepak, you won’t be able to apply now since the application window closed on June 3rd. The RTA would have already allocated the shares to someone else who might have applied additionally. You could have sold the REs only till May 29th (last day of trading). Now, the REs are lapsed and removed from holdings since the issue has closed. There isn’t a way to recover the lost money.

I hate to sound like this, but you were willing to put down 70K or so without having any idea about the process that you were entering? How is it possible that you searched specifically for the rights entitlement and bought those and not the actual RIL share? Surely, something must have looked out of place when you look at the price of an RIL share and the RE. On what basis did you buy the RE without knowing anything about it? And you are going to Google in the second half of June to figure out what it was that you bought in the first place about a month ago?

Mind-boggling.

How do you expect, my dear friend, for there to be any way to get your money back now?

Who should give you your money back? The person who sold the RE in the market? Why would he/she return the money when you are not giving the RE back? The person who was allotted additional Rights shares? Why should he/she add to the cost of the RIL rights share purchase price - he did not buy the additional RE - he/she merely asked the company to give any additional from those left over. The RTA? But the RTA did not sell it to you so why is the RTA expected to incur additional expenses for the issue of each rights share?

Hi @mohitmehra @AkshayAtur

I purchased Reliance pp share and I got a message saying that I have to pay auction amount. I do not have idea what is that.

Please explain.

@mohitmehra

What if some of the pp shareholders don’t pay the balance money when the company calls up ?

Hi

What happens if someone holds the partly paid shares that they got after redeeming the RE, but fails to make the payment for the 2nd and 3rd call?

Whoever holds the partly paid shares, is liable to make the balance payment in installments.
Read here for more information - https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/rils-partly-paid-up-shares-may-list-at-a-50-premium/articleshow/76378023.cms

Basically while redeeming the RE, you had paid just the part payment of Rs 314.25 , now the remaining balance of Rs 942.75 you will need to pay in 2 installments, since the issue price was of Rs 1257.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.