Reliance Rights Issue & Dematerialized Rights Entitlement Trading

will it be ever available to trade ?

Hi Mohit

Sorry to bother you, just 1 last question
I have 2 Demant accounts for same PAN card

1. In Demat account 1 - i got 50 Rights before record date
  2. In Demat account 2 i had 0 rights befoe record date and i purchased RE from Zerodha app
    So now do i have to make payments for there 2 seperately?
    If yes then for account 1 would i use “existing shareholder” and account 2 “renouncee”?

Yes

Yes

That’s the website where you can apply for the rights issue based on the REs you’ve received. It allows you to buy 1 reliance share at Rs. 1257. You have to pay 25% of Rs. 1257 right now i.e. Rs. 314.25* 7qty and will be allotted a partly-paid share of 25% face value of the ordinary share. RIL will ask you to pay rest of the amount i.e. 75% of Rs. 1257 over the next year.

If you sell that partly-paid shares before RIL asks for the remaining amount, the end buyer whoever holds the shares will pay this to get the fully paid shares.

The amount you have to pay doesn’t depend on the RIL share price anymore. It is fixed as described above.

You will not be able to stake a claim on those REs otherwise.

HI Mohit,

I had 11 RIL-RE credited to my Zerodha account since I had 165 RIL shares in my Zerodha demat account. I bought more in market so I had 90 RIL RE in my Zerodha account on trading close on 29th May. I have applied for 150 RIL rights shares through ASBA from my HDFC bank account. Will the rights bought on Zerodha platform be directly considered when the shares are allocated against my bid? Or do I need to so something else as well for using these rights?

Regards,
Naveen

Hi Mohit,

Help me out here… I am new to this trading. I have an account with Zerodha. Here is the scenario -

1. 50 RIL shares were sold off before 10th May and left with no holding of RIL shares in my demat account.
  2. 01 RIl share was mistakenly bought off on 18th May.
  3. 06 RIL-RE-BE shares @ 222.00 were bought on 21st May.

No I dont see RIL-RE shares in my demat account. Need to know how can I get them back and sell them to recover the amount paid.

Pls help.

Hello Mr. Mohit,
Thanks for the detailed information provided by you.

I am new in trading so I have buy 5 RIL-RE Reiance Right issue share from zeroda kite on 27th May and it reflect in my demat account on 29th May and the last date sell it off from zerodha kite is on 29th may market closing time.
Due to this short time period i could not sell my 5 share.

Please help me now what options i have to utilized my 5 shares.

Am I eligible to buy reliance right issue shares? if yes then how many? do i have to buy more shares to buy any share ?

I have tried for reliance right issue but while putting CDSL client ID which is my zerodha DP id i got an error of invalid id
why this error occur what should i do now ?

Please help
thanks in advance

1 Like

You’d be able to view these REs under your holdings on console.
Trading on the RIL-REs stopped on 29th May. If you don’t apply for the rights issue through the RTA or via ASBA, you will lose the premium you’ve paid to buy the RIL REs since they will be removed from your demat account.

Hi @mohitmehra & @AkshayAtur

I have made the payment of 314.25 per share through ASBA using my bank account. I just wanted to know if it is necessary that my ASBA bank account (ICICI) be the same as my bank account connected to Zerodha (yes bank).

I have a similar situation. I bought 5 additional RIL-RE, than what is allocated to me

But, on the rights.kfintech.com website, it doesn’t show up the additional shares bought

No. of shares Entitled =

Should I add up 5 myself and put the number here?

No. of shares will be as per your entitlement and any additional shares that you intend to invest

The RTA is not reconciling the purchased rights (REs). They will just perform a check during allotment to see if the REs are in your demat account. You can select shareholder and apply for the additional shares along with that.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@mohitmehra . Please guide me…please call me at 8971198325…I am fully affriad and confused on this issue since I have put so much money all what I had…i amfeeling guilty to be greedy…please please call me and guide me thought the steps to buy reliance right…please , do not ignore

You’re having to pay for the REs because you want to be able to apply for more shares than what you’ve been actually allotted as on the record-date if you already held Reliance for which you had REs credited to your demat. If not you’ve purchased the REs on the secondary markets while it was being traded to be eligible to apply for the rights issue.

If you don’t apply for the rights issue through the RTA or via ASBA, you will lose the premium you’ve paid to buy the RIL REs since they will be removed from your demat account.

I need your advice.

1. i don’t hold any reliance shares

2. bought couple of ril re

3. didn’t sell before 29th

Have i lost all the money?

If no please guide me. If yes please say yes.

If you don’t apply for the rights issue, Yes, you will lose the premium you’ve paid to buy the RIL REs since they will be removed from your demat account.
When you do apply for the rights issue, you’ll have to pay Rs. 314 per share. You will receive partially-paid shares which will list separately. These can then be completely sold on listing.

Yeah but can you share the link to apply for right issue. There are two links actually in the email im a bit confused with it.

You should get the partly paid shares after the allotment is finalised. The tentative allotment date is June 11th.

Check this

Thanks akshay.

1 Like