Resources for Fundamental Analysis

Hello everyone, greetings !

I have read the varsity’s fundamental analysis, however, I feel urge to read more about fundamental analysis. I have “An Intelligent Investor” (Full respect for book and writer) but that doesn’t seem to be inclined towards fundamental analysis, kinda inclined towards investor’s psychology. I want any book which is very cut to cut yet contains deep fundamental analysis concepts. More like Fundamental Analysis Module + More knowledge. If anyone knows about any such book, please do let me know.

P.S : It would be best if based on Indian Stock Market, however if the book is good anything will do.

TIA.

1 Like

‘One Up on Wall Street’ by peter lynch is a very basic book, good read, we can apply to our Indian markets also.

1 Like
  1. Deep Value Investing - Tobias Carlisle.
  2. Rule No. 1 - Phil Town.
  3. The Autobiography of a Stock - Manoj Arora.
  4. Damodaran on Valuation - Aswath Damodaran.
2 Likes

Does it have knowledge about the financial ratios , balance sheet and all ?

Can you give me what the above mentioned book contains ? Do they have info about financial statements and ratios or they are only for building psychology for trading, thanks.

it gives an perfect idea, though not in detail, but book gives perfect idea to pick a stock for long term investing, very much fundamental analysis. its must read according to me as whole perspective change about stock picking.

Will read certainly. Thanks for recommendation.

Those books will help you get started you how to select a value stock for superior return, some books may need some prior knowledge of financing/accounting to get most of the content. But the agenda is same for all books to make you a better value investor. For value investor psychology is an essential component so may see the authors discuss about it here and there, you job is to understand the overall wisdom.

The most basic book that summarises three books i.e. the intelligent investor, security analysis and wealth of nations is " Warren Buffett’s Three Favorite Books" written by Preston. It is the easiest book on value investing. Explains with the help of a story. I was lucky to have this book. Do read it. You can buy eBook from Amazon for cheap. It is about 170 pages. About 140 pages if you consider important portions.

You are going in right direction. Before going with the investment philosophical/methodology oriented books, get a good understanding of

1, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement and Cash Flow Statement
2. Financial Ratios
3. Basic understanding of Compound Interest, PV, FV, CAGR etc

Once you have this basic knowledge, go ahead and pick any of the above mentioned books.

I read the books about investment like peter lynch, graham and others. Believe me, with basic understanding missing, I was getting overall wisdom, however the practical understanding was missing.

Finally I purchased a basic balance sheet book (less than 200) and it has done wonders. Now when I read the books by Peter Lynch or Graham - I have good understanding.

Hi,

You should not just rely to books. I personally suggest you to go a mix of books, courses, guidebooks and blogs. This is perfect way of learning.
There are many platforms that can erich your knowledge for the same. Some of them are Investopedia, Elearnmarkets, The Balance, Safal Niveshak etc,

About the books, you can start with following books -

1. Fundamental Analysis for Dummies
  2. The Theory of Investment Value
  3. Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies
  4. Ratio Analysis Fundamentals
  5. Business Analysis And Valuation: Using Financial Statements

Hope this helps !!

There are many great resources, the one which I used to gain investing knowledge are:
-Quora
-Zerodha Varsity

and for articles and fundamental research reports I use this site;

https://finpedia.co/bin/view/Main/

I hope it helps,
I am very open to answer or even help you with your fundamental analysis.

Thank’s to tradingqna.com

Thank you.

Fundamental analysis is a method of evaluating the intrinsic value of an asset and analysing the factors that could influence its price in the future.

There are many resources available for learning Fundamental analysis -

1. Read Fundamental Analysis Books - Books are the best way of learning. Here are some of the best books you can use -
  • Security Analysis
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • Learn to Earn
  • Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits
  • Fundamental Analysis for Dummies
  1. Read via App - App is best way to learn fundamental analysis of stocks. The app consist of courses, webinars, videos, free resources etc. You simply have to download it and start learning.

One question would remain unanswered, why there are ton of good companies not getting enough momentum and growth…