Rights Issue - Emerald Leasing Finance and Investment Company Ltd

Emerald Leasing Finance and Investment Company will issue Right Entitlements (RE’s) to anyone who holds its shares as of January 28, 2021 (record date). These RE’s will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the RE’s to apply for the rights shares of Emerald Leasing Finance & Investment Company or you can sell them in the market. You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue Details
Ex-Date January 27, 2021
Record Date january 28, 2021
Ratio 42:19
Issue Price ₹ 10
Issue Period March 22, 2021 to April 20, 2021
RE Trading Period March 22, 2021 to April 1, 2021

How to apply for Emerald Leasing Finance and Investment Company Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the RE’s from the company or purchase it from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post.

You can also apply for rights shares through the website of the Registrar and Transfer agent.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying through Netbanking ASBA.

Did anyone recieved allotment confirmation? Is there any change in the allotment date on this ? If so, where can we find more information on the latest dates?

The issue closed yesterday as the company had extended application period by 15 days, from April 5 to April 20. You should receive allotment in due course.

It seems Emerald is listed today. But can some one clarify me on the below calculation please

I purchased 100 shares in secondary market and renounced them: and now, i should get around 250 shares alloted as per the entitlement ratio (42/19= 2.5 shares(aaprox) per 1 share)… but I could see only 100 shares got allocated . Can you please let me know if my understanding is wrong or how this can be corrected?

The ratio 42:19 means, the shareholders of Emerald, who were holding shares on the record date will receive 42 RE’s (Rights Entitlements) for every 19 shares held.

As you had 100 RE’s, and applied for that many rights shares, you received the allotment for 100 shares.

understood, thank you