Risk - Strategize Your Trades

iOS…get it on iOS…:slightly_smiling_face:

Ack sir. Already WIP … :slight_smile:

Too good.
But to give it a try I tried placed nifty order for 15k qty, I expected only 2 orders but it is creating 3 orders 3rd order with zero qty. Is this a bug?

Also can you build this app for upstox too? As zerodha has lot of restrictions these days in banknifty options open interest.

Yea Yeah! Its a bug. We already fixed it … You should be getting an update in an hour or two … Good find … :slight_smile: Thnx.

Dude! I thought after catering to three of your request with such beautiful animated workflows … You would have forgotten the forth request … :wink:

You are the man … I am still going through their APIs … shouldn’t be difficult though … but will have to do some major architectural changes … So i can’t promise soon …

Thanks for app! You guys are awesome. With rapid development skills.
Can you see if you incorporate below tweaks

1. Market watch for scribs.
  2. Remember last entered order preferences like order type and other common attributes.
  3. Currently scrip name needs a exact name. Can you see if a wild card search like search in kite app possible to select scrip?
  4. Order cancellation not possible right now?

My basic intension for proposing these being I would like to use your app instead of kite itself.
Maybe I am expecting we should be able to trade with multiple broker accounts under your single app going forward!

1 Like

:slight_smile:

WIP. Have a focussed snapshot at the moment for one your actually trading … click on LTP.

I have found this risky and dangerous. For it kind of interferes with my trading style and gets you far away from consistency. But maybe thats just me. Will think about it and get back …

Done … by tomorrow.

Well we don’t have modify access required for cancellation. But the app seamlessly integrates with kite connect web. So you can always go to home > orders > top right icon next to refresh and cancel on kite.

http://blog.risk.money/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ezgif-4-914b8a7510.gif

I completely get it … And institutional clients have exactly those kind of terminals for slicing the order and smart routing it to multiple brokers for best price, best execution, best algo, best cost saving, etc. After all I am putting the punch line for Risk as - “Enabling Retail Investors With Institutional Risk Management Tools” … so why not … keep those ideas coming … All ears :slight_smile:

My overall idea is to enable this app with pro trading tools … and then implement an AI/ML driven Risk Compliance Officer (RICO) that monitors your trading habits and advices against overtrading, deviations and other pitfalls … while automatically maintaining your daily, weekly and monthly diary of do’s and don’ts. Basically, sth that gets you into a habit of risk management.

1 Like

Order price is incorrect in risk app. But correct in Kite.
Also this orders were placed via risk.

Brilliant … so it works … The price should be a minor display issue. Guess there is some different loop for AMO REQ RECEIVED order status. Will get it fixed tomorrow … Thnx.

I installed the app but it shows only white screen, is there any issue.

Hi @brajendra_kumar_Pati we are solely dependent on kite for login … and preferably 4G. So yeah … that white screen implies the screen is loading … give it another try on good connection …

Should work like a charm … once you login … :slight_smile:

yes… I am using 4G. And it even not asking for login.

Alright … Will PM you …

@Risk.Money How theta and th.price is arrived in risk app?

Thank you for confirmation on PM. Intermittent issues are the worst kind for they are very hard to reproduce. But the fact that it started working next day … points towards some kind of a cache deadlock. Will investigate it with Zerodha if there is some timeout that sticks for 24 hours and how it may be conflicting with certain device cache mgmt.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Good question.
It uses Black-Scholes formula on real-time values. Th. price is basically theoretical price and theta is arrived at by figuring out the time remaining in seconds for DTE - Days To Expiry. It does not take into account any dividends (for company may or may declare it) and risk-free interest rate is considered 10%.

Wild card product search enabled -

Cheers!

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, i remember i have read ,theta is how much the premium will reduce with respect to date. So in the attached screenshot the premium is 2 rupees but the theta is 28plus , actually it should be less than 2 rite,how and can you please explain?

1 Like

Hmm. I see your point …

So the calculation for Theta is not incorrect but the unit is different. It is basically yearly. The more relevant value for Theta Decay is per day in Indian context … which is 0.0781 here. And if you do 28.504/0.0781= 365. The yearly calculation is more relevant in US context with something called LEAP options which go to the tune of more than a year Days To Expiry (DTE). Also, will ensure other % values are correctly shown in terms of general understanding.

I also see another problem with product name if the strike price has decimal value.

Will get this right … First thing in the morning tomorrow …
Pretty valuable feedback. Thanks @muthu1984 for pointing it out.

1 Like