Risk - Strategize Your Trades

@shu @TradZero

Added as requested to AutoRisk Basket Order -

Cheers!

One more thing sir… Screening the nfo scripts which are far above or far below from max pain strike…
Thank You

1 Like

Hey @shu ! Did you check - Risk Dashboard > Identify > Max Pain. It lists the max pain point for a given stock on real-time basis.

But I do get your request. You wish to scan all FnO stocks and find how far above or below in percentage terms they are from the max pain point. So the one that are farthest and most ideal to go short / long respectively. For example -

If DLF max pain is @ 200 and it is currently trading @ 220 it is 10% away from max pain. You want this percent away for all FnO stocks.

Have I understood it correctly? This will require a lot of computing power and some basic architecture design … but I can do this.

Please confirm … before I think it through over the weekend :slight_smile:

Yup… U are right

Ack! Doing sth on pattern recognition at the moment … but will focus on this next week. Thnx for the confirmation.
:slight_smile:

@Risk.Money What’s wrong with this?? I have selected market regular buy order and it says please fill all the fields…

Hmm. So the central idea behind the app is to do risk analysis before and not after you place an order. Even if you are placing a market order, we need to know the current price to calculate pay-off graphs properly and that is why it is seeking LTP.

Ideally, once you enter the product or if it is pre-filled it should have fetched the LTP. But, it is not working for me either at the moment for Zerodha APIs go in maintenance mode from time to time during the weekend. It should be smooth during trading hours.

Also, you seem to be trying this in AirPlane Mode (top right plane icon) … which implies no internet. But I will still look into making it more usable over the weekend. Sth can be done with at least limit orders pre-filled with the price for orders via Option Greeks.

Thanks … will have a workaround in place by Monday.

Thanks for the prompt reply. And by the way the screenshot was take when there was active internet.

1 Like

Yea Yeah! I thought so …
Anyway, it is working smoothly at the moment … Work flow for your reference -

Though, I will still take it with pinch of salt over the weekend. Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers @Risk.Money. That was a quick turnaround. I really like the way you respond to issues reported. Keep going… All the best

1 Like

@sensibull @Risk.Money

My two cents of unsolicited advice.

1. Indians are quite reluctant to M&A. They have tendency to fall in the field rather than joining hands for mutual prosperity.
  2. Indians also have a tendency to either a) blindly copy or b) reinvent the wheel. Both are futile.
  3. Never rely on sole 3rd party service providers for your back end or even front end. There is a great chance of heart break or simply torpedoing the ship.
    Meerkat is a great case study for both of you guys.
  4. First id your market and id your competition.
  5. Options are only for above average traders and many of them won’t bother to rely on a third party paid service whose sole USP is only ease of punching orders.
  6. AFA competition is concerned - I will suggest some examples only - Options Oracle, traderslongue.in - both are free. Quantsapp, Option Action, MyFnO - free to use with paid premium.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks @maddy_Des for the inputs

Loved the punch line to begin with. Don’t worry … Its not going in the spam folder and I will respond. :slight_smile:

Agreed. Partnership helps …

I don’t think anyone copied. We both approached the problem differently and it is quite evident in our respective apps. I had “risk management” at the centre of it and @Sensibull had “options trading platform”. Option strategies is where we intersect. You certainly know - there can’t be risk management without hedging and that is where you need options - which plays an important part.

I think your 1st, 2nd and 3rd point are in conflict with each other. One is about joining hands, not reinventing the wheel and the other not relying. Make up your mind … But any startup will have to rely on 3rd parties for they can’t do everything in one day. I do rely on Zerodha for order execution and Google Compute Engine for all those heavy Risk calculations. I will be using also Google Machine Learning modules in the future to help with active risk management. I have to rely … for this cannot be built from scratch.

I think it is very difficult to teach a new trick to an old guy out there in the market. And Risk Management is a habit. It is the last chapter in any text book which we always tend to miss preparing to get 80%. But unlike in board exams, in stock market missing on that last chapter implies blowing up your account equivalent to scoring 0%. I think my market is not the existing users set in their ways, but the new entrants. Guess where is biggest gap exists … India with only 5% of its population participating in the fastest growing economy in the world. No points for guessing where it is quintessentially required …

Trust me bro, I wanted to keep it free for eternity. In fact, I have it in writing from RainMatter that they will be doing 10% brokerage sharing for all order executed via app in which case I would have kept it free. But after 3 months of building the app day and night, they pulled back from the understanding. Was not cool. But … what you gonna do … :frowning: Though, let me revisit it to try and understand better what exactly is the conflict their - rule by rule. With the burgeoning cost of Google Compute Engine on pay on usage … it is very hard to keep it free.

Point taken. But none of them is about Risk Management. They are all options. I think I am uniquely placed to scale this up …

@Risk.Money
What you experienced with rainmatter
You have got many of my points right but few wrong. Lemme explain -
Partnership is within equals. Otherwise its fedalism, with you being a feudal vassal. If you look this way you will not find any contradictions in my points :slight_smile:

What I was explained over a call, was that the app has the ability to influence trading decisions and a future conflict may arise with exchanges if brokerage sharing (10%) on executed orders is extended. Implying that it is advantageous for me to have more trades via the app - which is true. I think in India, the broad guideline is around completely segregating advisory business and brokerage business because one may influence other.

And that is why it was advised to go on Subscription model where the number of trades are not in conflict with your profitability. Although, the app does not recommend in any fashion but it was explained to me that exchange might not look at it that way.

I am not blaming them for they probably are absolutely right. Blaming just my luck and the sequence of events of having the app reviewed, approved and 3 months down the line - this call.

Hmmm!! May be … but I more inclined towards Nihilism. So everything is alright …
Cheers … and have a great rest of the Sunday :wink:

Best of luck to you too!!
The one thing in which Z has excelled itself is in - EXPLAINING.
Anyways there were multiple ways to bypass -

1. Z could have subscribed to your app directly with rent being fixed on per use basis with ₹2 per order.
  2. ZERODHA could have entered in an agreement with you for free usage of app for say 1 years and then after calculating total n average footfall for the year could have included the lumpsum amount on ₹2 per order basis as your fees for next year. And this could have continued over years.

We are looking at a cos which left no chance of bending all rules and exploiting all loopholes possible - when it suited them. They even illegally showed all people who got them clients as their employees!
Man, those were the days…!!!

60 days, referrals, rainmatter - all are burden on revenues now.

Hmm. Actually, I do recall receiving the call around the same time when OpenTrade, 60D Challenge and Referral Program were clamped down. Perhaps, those days are over and it has to be simply accepted.

Anyhow, I do appreciate them telling me this sooner than later. And frankly, having witnessed many such investment banking and regulatory calls, I completely understand their point of view …

Bottomline -

Nobody would like to take that kind of Risk - {Double Entendre}

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Bottomline

Profit & business matters. Everything else secondary. Flapping. you know!

1 Like

Have just released and awesome new module - Beta Risk. You can find it under -

Risk Dashboard > Identify > Beta Risk.

The idea revolves around “Hedging Portfolio with NIFTY Futures” and it is very nicely explained herein - Hedging with Futures – Varsity by Zerodha … Thanks to @Karthik.

I have built the module on top of it and automated the complete process -

1. Risk will fetch your holdings and calculate beta for each stock.
  2. Risk will calculate your investment in each stock and then weighted investment.
  3. Risk will calculate weighted beta for each stock.
  4. And finally, it will calculate the portfolio beta risk, the hedge value and the number of NIFTY lots required to hedge the portfolio.
  5. Next, you can choose if you wish to be under-hedge or over-hedged depending upon your outlook.
  6. And simply place the autofilled hedge order.

Workflow for reference -

Basically, long term investors can only make money out of the up-move in the market and they are only profitable when up-move is greater than down-move. Well, guess what one can still hedge with future which essentially involves shorting NIFTY in appropriate lot size to ensure they benefit from up-move but are breakeven on down-move.

Hope you like it … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there any plan to make currency derivatives available on risk?
Thanks