SBI Small & Midcap Fund to start accepting fresh investments

The SBI Small & Midcap Fund, which was suspended for new investments in October 2015, will reopen for fresh subscriptions through the systematic investment plan (SIP) mode from May 16. It will be called SBI Smallcap Fund and have an investment cap of ₹25,000 per month and per PAN card.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/64058469.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this latest news.
That fund was my main target to invest, but failed to do so. Now, I came to know why.
Keep updating :slight_smile:

1 Like

the fund would be restructured. now it’s all small cap fund.

SBI Small Cap Fund still not available in ZERODHA COIN Platform…any idea when it will be added ?

It won’t be available as Coin has a pseudo SIP (fake SIP) model. All your investments are sent as lump sum orders to AMCs. In this fund’s case, AMC will not take any lump sum so you can’t setup any “SIP” over Coin.

could you pls expain what you mean when you say the SIP model in zerodha is different from other direct mutual fund platforms? I am evaluating various platforms to start an sip myself.

Am also interested. plx explain.

So, what are the tax implications/ extra expenses if amc considers it as lumpsum instead of sip?@nithin

thnx fr the detail explanation

No tax implications or extra expenses having lumpsum reinvested.

On the contrary, AMC’s pay slightly extra commission on regular funds through SIPs (Distributor who sell regular funds), which increases the overall expense for the regular fund even more. Doesn’t make any difference with direct funds.

But yeah considering certain smallcap funds have stopped accepting lumpsum investments, every once in a while and allow only traditional SIP. We have decided to use that mode for whichever funds stop lumpsum investments. Should be live in next couple of weeks. @faisr will post here once enabled.

Lumpsum reinvested means us having to maintain/manage all the orders, which is a lot more tougher than a traditional SIP where the AMC manages all of this. The reason we decided to offer lumpsum reinvested was that we can offer flexibility not just in terms of frequency, but also offer conditional SIP. Conditions which you can set for example, if market is down increase the value of SIP or vice versa. All of which can never be offered by traditional SIP where you can only choose one date and one value in a month to invest.

Hey @Mycrosoft @SiriSiri and whatever other handles you are using, I’d appreciate if you don’t use our platform to push your competing product. Am very happy if you’d like to share knowledge, but if it is all with the intent of just promoting your product, it isn’t right.

@Bhuvan, can you keep a track of this.

Guess you know that we can track IPs which are being used to post.

1 Like

Could be someone from my PG, we share a common ACT fibernet connection.

I checked the post history of the other guy, doesn’t have any promotional stuff.

And am not promoting any product here.

:slight_smile: sure, if you say so. But hopefully my earlier message is clear.

I had one more question. In coin, is the irr calculation a simple irr, for one time investment return or is it an xirr calculation? And thank you for the swift reply to my previous question.

It is a simple IRR right now. This is our bad, we should ideally have XIRR and a lot more that we are planning for long back. All the analytic and reporting layers are supposed to be part of the new version of Q (both Equity and mutual funds). We hadn’t anticipated the challenges that we will have migrating to the new version of Q, and hence that release got delayed forever. The good news is that the beta should be up in June.

1 Like

Hi Nitin, Any update on SBI Small Cap Direct Fund. Still unable to see it in the list.

This scheme will be available only on the Coin app. You can download the app here: Coin – Zerodha.

1 Like