Sebi on weekly options

I agree, but imagine someone who has spent years to upskill himself in trading and this is his bread and butter, what will he do if they decided to stop it :frowning:

I hope they just ask some strict income proof to enable trading for a user and probably keep submitting more and more forms if anyone is making consistent losses :joy:

Atleast FNO has some way of adjustments, if people move to plain equity intraday it will be worse. Thats like hit or miss kinda style right?

3 Likes

She talked about two things , weekly options being speculative and household saving coming into stock market (because people are not putting money is FD is bothering RBI ) . Don’t forget how much Nirmala Tai is making from Options market (STT) , would she let go that ? Any Govt is hungry for money

1 Like

Make an alias and tell us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: or give us a hint. As per the shared post in X. Weekly options may see bye bye… Tata… Tata… If something else is there come in any other name and say. We will keep it as a secret as well.:grin: 30% flat tax, taxing under speculative category etc etc… So many rumours as well. Come on… Be a brother, tell us :sweat_smile:
jk

No problem , charles shaw is allowing indians to trade in hedged option like calender , buy optio. Iron condor , i am doing in one month there , its going good , Deposit they needed intially 2500 dollars , daily optio. E oiray is there is so beautiful , xharges are less compare to here like 70% charges reduce there

One more option is Delta exchange option trading thats also good but i did in try there

My point about Volatility was that , this SEBI proposal on FNO trading is all started because of the Jane Street Trading firm involvement in FNO trading in India as well as a case in USA related to it , These trading firms are creating a high volatility in Option trading Through Algos and all hell broke out
Now SEBi as usual , instead of curbing Algos , SEBI is behind Reatil traders. :thinking:

I think Retail traders no need to panic , Probably SEBI is going to increase the margin required to create FNO position more then 100cr to curb Volatility being created by the Big trading firms , it will be bit difficult for Future traders, more over as usual Media’s creating confusion over SEBI next plan. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think they should implement a compulsory NISM Series VIII certificate for everybody seeking enablement in F&O segment with their broker

So to avoid car accidents one need to learn car Driving from Driving school, still car accidents happens :thinking:

F&O is consider as business. if someone wants to take risk they should allowed to take risk.

If SEBI remove weekly expiry, don’t you think small traders won’t be able to trade in monthly expiry because of high premium ?

look at Call and Put Premium of monthly expiry and weekly expiry.

And what are you going to do about it by ranting here. You will spoil your mental peace. People in war region spent all their saving to build houses and now they are bombed. Nothing is fair in life. Just accept in and move on without complaining.

You are being biased here. You are seeing your personal interests. The ones making loses can argue that they will become profitable one day and the losses they have now is the fees they are paying the market.

And so what? When there was only monthly expiry people survived right. Even then people complained about weekly expiry. Now you have adjusted to this and eventually you will get adjusted to the new change.
Change is the only constant my friend.

Before I stop replying here, my point is accept what is given us than ranting about it in forum here. It’s not going to make any difference. You think Nithin will share these posts with sebi and say our clients are crying in forum and please don’t make changes?
What has to happen will happen.

Last story before I end.
I spent a lot of money on my girlfriend for 10 years. I changed a lot in my personal life too. I even quit non veg food because she was pure vegetarian. I did all of this because I saw her as my future wife. And then we decided to part ways. I now can’t complain that I lost 10 years of my life and money for her.
And this story is not about my girlfriend. I hope nobody misunderstands me. I am not speaking for or against regulators decision.
Peace. :v:

3 Likes

Please don’t see it as ranting; consider it a debate where we are trying to understand different viewpoints.
We are not opposing changes, and definitely we will evolve with them, but whether change is (if there will be )progressive or regressive in nature is what we want to debate.

1 Like

Sir you eat anything sir Veg or Non-Veg or Microchip no problem sir , you change every thing whatever you want , every body not in a same bus -

how many business in our country is failure - business means profit and loss will be there - these regulator cannot understand - Anil ambani made fool with 12 company investor , what SEBI can do … nothing - everything will show off only we are also working , we are also good people , thats all

1 Like

Actually ranting here won’t help but ranting on Twitter and LinkedIn might.

These guys also look at the quantum of hue and cry erupting on a particular ‘Shagoofa’ they slide in news, as that’s linked with their poll prospects. They have armies of people in their IT cells, monitoring major social networks. If it’s too much noise, they do roll things back - they have done this in past.

I’d suggest guys ranting here to vent their feelings on Twitter tagging whoever you can - Sitaraman, Sebi, Modi et al. That will surely help much more than writing here.

1 Like

If someone wants to trade only in monthly expiry, its their choice but there are many traders who wants to start with small capital and premiums are low in weekly expiry.

I know if SEBI removes it no one can do anything.

1 Like

some very famous and very old narratives like “stock market is a scam”, “satta bazaar” have not been formed because of some new age products or because of a sudden increase in retail participation, things like these have always been said about the markets and if SEBI is even considering about banning products like these just to safeguard the retail traders then the Indian markets will never mature like markets of US. I repeat “NEVER”

2 Likes

We have great example of Budda Circuit and F1 infront of us :grinning::grinning:

I am writing to share some observations and a proposal regarding the current structure of options trading expirations in NSE and BSE.

As an options trader specializing in weekly options since 2021, I have predominantly traded Nifty 50 and Bank Nifty. While weekly options for Nifty 50 have provided a balanced trading experience, the introduction of daily expirations has led to several challenges, particularly the tendency to overtrade. This often results in increased trading volumes and, regrettably, financial losses.

To address these issues and promote more disciplined trading practices, I would like to propose the following adjustments:

1. Monthly Expiry for Indices: Implement a single monthly expiration for all indices, thereby reducing the frequency of expirations and encouraging traders to plan their strategies more thoughtfully.
  2. Weekly Options Exclusively for Nifty 50 and Sensex: Continue to offer weekly options solely for Nifty 50 and Sensex. This will allow traders to focus their capital and trading efforts on these primary indices without the distraction and pressure of daily expirations across multiple indices.

These changes could help mitigate the risks associated with daily expirations and foster a more stable and manageable trading environment. By having a single expiry day for all indices on a monthly basis, traders can better allocate their resources and avoid the pitfalls of overtrading.

here are the list of sebi offices across india. If this move happens, lets gather there and protest and also use force if necessary.

https://www.sebi.gov.in/contact-us.html#contact-us-main

6 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: let’s see