Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Hey @fin9

Appreciate your efforts …will definitely share it maximum :+1:

2 Likes

Well I have no Idea how to proceed may be we start with a Telegram group ,I am just out of college this year and getting my hands on trading ,some experienced member might help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vandana1 @p699 @Devesh @Avi_Garg @debjit

When they say derivatives, is it only equity derivatives and MCX? Or does that also restrict from trading in the Forex segment? I am unclear about this. I am asking because I am looking what options I will be left with if the SEBI really implements all these rules.

1 Like

Even we are not very clear about what all they can cover under it …so can’t tell you clearly … @NithinKamath will be the best person to guide you

It is likely to include commodities, not sure about forex https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/2018/05/21/retail-exposure-in-commodities-may-face-sebi-curbs

1 Like

@Vandana1 @Anup_2018 Nithin mentioned about commodities and equity derivatives. The currency part is still not clear.

1 Like

As per news SEBI plans to cap investors equity exposure well its news so right now nothing can be said but if the news is correct it says about equity not forex so currency in not a part of equity market

2 Likes

Is that applicable under BO-CO stop loss protected orders?
How is that possible as already our loss is limited there?
I think this could be challenged for at least such protected intraday orders.

4 Likes

Hi @Avi_Garg, @Vandana1 and @nithin and all the other members of the forum!

I just created this hashtag (#SEBIagainstRetailTrader) & tweeted the following; Please help popularize it so that we gain the necessary traction. We can keep building momentum and write a structured letter detailing all the points of interest and address it to the relevant authorities.

Hey @SEBI_India your move to link net worth to equity exposure is a bad bad idea. Not cool at all #SEBIagainstRetailTrader Request you to kindly protect the rights of the retail trader by stopping this move.

Link to the tweet is here:

3 Likes

Anyone in the grown ups generation knows how BSE came into existence ? Today is Independence day, let me share this story with you. Before BSE was born only Britishers were allowed to trade. Indians were not allowed. So, all Indian traders came together and started their own trading fraternity called, ‘The Native Indian Brokers Association’. Today’s regulation is also similar like the British times. Why not retail investors start their own entity under Companies Act. Entrepreneurs like Mr.Kamat can be found within the retail investors circle. Think about the principle of large numbers. Difficult to persuade the policy makers who belong to the salaried class.

7 Likes

I am ready for such a thing

Let’s dump sebi and established exchanges and form new ones ourselves

@nithin

2 Likes

me too

1 Like

Young growing ones, read this article and be inspired.https://www.livemint.com/Sundayapp/R5BUHntOmItyIJ2yE4G09M/Premchand-Roychand-Mumbais-original-share-king.html

1 Like

Run this hashtag on instagram too. @Vandana1 @Avi_Garg @vipul_rathaur @pankajloya712 @dvram @nithin
I dont mean to demoralise you but the truth is media and investing community think retail traders don’t know anything and we treat market as a gambling den and that has led to all this happening. We need Nithin’s help as well. He needs to speak up on this now. There was a time when we was as small as us. Also media will pay more attention if the big traders support this.

3 Likes

Too time taking and not really the solution

1 Like

Lol … sounding so familiar :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

thats the perfect description of what is happening right now

3 Likes

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170119000602#cb

Looking so familiar … one year down the line Indian markets would look so similar

1 Like

Leave out Mr. Nithin. He belongs to the Big League. Membership rules and bye-laws may not allow him to participate and express his views. His participation may not be viewed favourably by the law makers. in the situation he decides to support his venture will get affected. If his venture gets affected then all us get hit if the viability of his venture drowns in sea of laws and regulations. Please keep him out of this.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll be able to do much on our own without the support of ‘big league’. Like I said, people think retail traders gamble in derivatives market. With that thought, media, SEBI and the govt of India believe they are doing good for you. Someone has to let them know they are technically wrong and that someone has to be some established trader

4 Likes