Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Difficult to believe these people came up with such a crazy idea. Maybe most of these people are just sleeping members. Only that ex-law secy who might not have ever traded in his life came up with such an idea.

Dr.C.K.Narayan says on twitter …
‏Seriously! I cannot think of something more asinine! What are those people smoking?

1 Like

Too many cooks :joy_cat::joy_cat:

Is it possible to get their email address so grievances can be sent to them directly?

Exactly !! …they must find out why liquidity in cash markets have gone down first of all and address that issue by removing the reason … it could be STT and high taxes …you’re right …that’s why people moved on to more lucrative derivatives …now comparing Indian markets to a foreign market is not practical …instead they should focus on giving knowledge to general public on the best practices while trading in derivatives and how to avoid common mistakes by keeping adequate safeguards…that’s a more mature way to deal with retailer safety

2 Likes

Few people from my group have already flooded sebi email with grievances related to this rule.

Anyone else who’s interested in doing so can write on [email protected]

4 Likes

Let’s put up a post in tradingqna regarding this grievance with a formal letter listing all the points and then have people sign it using their name/email and then send that to Sebi.

Because we need everyone’s support. And all may not know exactly what to write and emphasize on. But they may very well be eager to support this so their names will be signed below along with all the others.

2 Likes

You can choose from IVRS 1 or 4 too…

1 Like

also pls cc : [email protected] … Mr Ajay Tyagi…
Not sure if there is any relevant mail id of finance ministry.

3 Likes

Great, lets fight back then at least we will have hope of winning.

3 Likes

Give me the content
Will do

1 Like
  1. You can attach the link of the petition that you signed first of all.

2. Send to [email protected]
    In cc you can keep some political leader of opposition (eg your area pashad) or any one you know and/or media sources if you want or your broker email …this is optional …if you don’t have any such email then leave it

3. In the mail body you can write some stuff like written below (you can modify/add/subtract matter as you feel like). I might have missed some point maybe you can add it if it strikes you

Dear Sebi, I have come to know from some media sources that you are preparing to implement a rule where retail traders will not be able to trade in derivatives if they will not meet with your net worth criteria.
I feel that this rule is very regressive, and draconian where small traders are being targeted by you and their qualification to earn from financial market will be set by you only on their income and net worth basis.
I am an adult and am capable of understanding the financial implications of my derivatives trades and I am not comfortable with sharing my income details with any other agency other than IT and government.
I am providing my broker with margin money as per his calculation and requirement and am willing to compensate him for any loss. I have also authorised him to square off my trade if I don’t compensate it.
So what is the need of giving my personal financial details to anyone.
Moreover I have read that no such requirement being made by you from the big market players.
This is discrimination at its highest level.

I vehemently oppose this so called discriminatory rule of yours and request you to act maturely as you have a very responsible role in our markets.
Such discrimination will not only ruin the small traders of our country but is also going against our constitution as per which every person should get equal opportunity to earn income.
It will also increase the financial divide between rich and poor and I’m sure sebi would not want that to happen.
I request you to trash any such idea or rule if it’s likely to be implemented.
I have signed an online petition against this move of yours which I am attaching with my email.
Regards

5 Likes

They did not come up with this. The Uday kotak committee did.

Guys don’t worry sebi will not cap investors exposure. Because disadvantage is much bigger than the advantage of it. There is even loss in revenue for the government if it will get implemented.

READ THIS ARTICAL by moneycontrol

2 Likes

A big thank you to Vandana for putting this effort.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for supporting

1 Like

SEBI does not wish to spend the corpus that has accumulated in the Investors Education and Protection Fund, if any irregularity crops up in the markets and retail investors get hurt in the process.

3 Likes

Hey @Avi_Garg, @Vandana1 @nithin @siva & all the others on this thread,

I just created this hashtag (#SEBIagainstRetailTrader) & tweeted the following; Please help popularize it so that we gain the necessary traction. We can keep building momentum and write a structured letter detailing all the points of interest and address it to the relevant authorities.

Hey @SEBI_India your move to link net worth to equity exposure is a bad bad idea. Not cool at all #SEBIagainstRetailTrader Request you to kindly protect the rights of the retail trader by stopping this move.

Link to the tweet is here:

3 Likes

This is the core of this issue. Period !
#SEBIagainstRetailTrader

3 Likes

Unless SEBI confirms officially not to worry,but still I have full confidence on SEBI so I Signed the petition :slight_smile:

We need some kind of union for retail traders seriously

6 Likes

Yes, you are right… Please proceed with this. I am with you and i can bring more.

3 Likes